Made as part of the ‘Subscription’ Watch Project, this watch is based on the original James Nardin pocket watch movement. The James Nardin company comes from the same lineage as Ulysse Nardin; indeed, there were quite a few famous watchmakers in this family. The precious metal of the pocket watch case was scrapped many years ago, but this good quality machine has been preserved in excellent condition.
The combination of the noble lines of the dial, and the excellent preservation of the mechanism, from the most famous Swiss watchmaking family, makes this watch a desirable item for any collector. The watch is very eye catching on the wrist, thanks to the unusual light, open face, the enamel dial, and the contrasting hands.
The movement and dial are original, with a fine signature on the dial, and nobly shaped numerals and hands. The enamel is perfectly preserved without any previous restorations. The large wrist strap is made in a modern, up-to-date style, and fits comfortably on the wrist. The watch looks fresh and modern, and at the same time the exceptional quality of the antique movement can be admired through the glass caseback.
The movement is an early, high-class chronometer, based on a workpiece from the company Jules Jurgensen, with gold balancing screws, gold overlays with jewels, and high-class, fine processing of the anchor escapement and pallet fork.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 6-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a new, large black classic genuine leather strap.
Body: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Watch face: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Mechanism: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Accuracy: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Case and Strap
- New, custom-made classical-style circular case.
- Steel, double glazed.
- Mineral crystal, front convex.
- Glass, flip-down caseback.
- ‘Onion’ shaped, old-fashioned crown.
- Reset button for setting hands at numeral 4.
- New, genuine leather classical black strap.
- New and unworn.
- Diameter without crown 48 mm.
- Width with crown 53 mm.
- Height of the lugs 56 mm.
- Width of strap 22 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original white enamel dial.
- Black Roman numerals and markings in the French style.
- “James Nardin Locle” signature in sweeping italics.
- Small seconds dial at 6 o’clock position.
- Bright reddish-gold-tone, classic style hands.
- All details hand-drawn by an old master.
- See video showing dial details.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Top-grade Jurgensen caliber.
- 21 jewels.
- Signature and serial number hand-engraved on the bridge.
- Bimetallic balance with temperature compensation, gold adjustment screws and Breguet balance spiral.
- Nickel-silver plates and bridges with Geneva stripes.
- Wolf’s teeth wind-up wheels with sanding.
- Rose gold jewel settings and central chaton.
- Ultra-thin bevelled anchor fork with top-quality finishing.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly.
- High accuracy with error within 20 seconds per day.
- 6-month warranty.
- New high-quality black genuine leather strap.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.