This movement was originally produced in the 1880’s as a gold gentleman’s pocket watch. The movement class is a high-precision, lever-type chronometer. The design, layout and production are purely English. The watch features a numbered enamel dial with seconds chapter at 9, and a high-quality bimetallic chronometric balance with gold screw weights and diamond end-stone. The movement is signed “Watchmaker to the Queen” – Dent is the maker of Big Ben.
This timepiece would be a valuable gift for any enthusiast of London history, a nice wristwatch with an original unusual movement by DENT, the maker of the “Big Ben” clock. Unusual features of movement, original enamel dial, excellent running performance.
DENT, “Watchmaker to the Queen” was one of the most well-known truly English brands in watchmaking. The company was established by Edward J. Dent in 1814. Showing good results in chronometric competitions, Dent London became a supplier of the Royal Navy, the Royal Court, and the Royal Observatory, Greenwich. Dent also made was is probably the most famous clock in the world – the Great Clock for the Houses of Parliament, familiarly known as Big Ben.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. Please make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- New, custom-made ‘antique’ style circular case.
- Solid stainless steel 316L.
- Mineral crystal.
- Mineral crystal display caseback.
- Silver-tone vintage style crown.
- Handmade, dark brown genuine leather strap in vintage-military style.
- Width w/o crown 43 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, hot enamel dial.
- Thin, black Roman numerals.
- Signed “DENT – 61, Strand & 4, Royal Exchange London – 42223”.
- Small seconds subdial at numeral 9 position.
- Original, blued steel ‘spade’ style hour and minute hands.
- Original, blued steel small seconds hand with tail.
- In very good condition, a small hairline crack is proof of age and authenticity.
- Restorations: fixation of seconds chamber disc from inside, invisible.
- English-made movement.
- English lever.
- 13 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Signed “DENT – Watchmaker to the Queen – 61, Strand & 4, Royal Exchange London”.
- Serial number 42223.
- Power reserve more than 32 hours.
- Fire gilt half-plate layer.
- Natural diamond end-stone.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks, winding every day at 12am.
- Average timekeeping range: 20-40 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.