Historical, high-grade movement from famous Swiss brand, Ulysse Nardin. This movement was originally produced during the 1900’s as a gold gentleman’s pocket watch, but has now been re-housed in a new, custom-made solid stainless steel case. The movement class is an advanced precision lever-type, with 16-jewels and a micro-regulator. The classic signed enamel dial is truly original and authentic.
Note the original enamel dial in immaculate condition, the perfect blued-steel “Breguet” style hands, and the gilt high-grade movement visible through the crystal display caseback.
This is a perfect gentleman’s chronometer with good timekeeping, from the famous Swiss U. Nardin manufactory and with a historical 100+ year old antique movement.
About Ulysse Nardin
Ulysse Nardin was founded in 1846 in the Swiss province of Le Locle, by the talented watchmaker Ulysses Nardin. Soon after the company started production, they began to concentrate on the creation of high-precision timekeeping devices, in particular marine chronometers, as well as complex watches containing minute repeaters, perpetual calendars, and chronographs. Keeping the jewellery and decorative component to a minimum, U. Nardin found that the formula for success in the art of precision mechanics was functionality, accuracy, and reliability. They are one of the few companies that has remained in continuous production for over 165 years.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. Please make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- New, custom-made ‘classique’ style circular case.
- Solid stainless steel 316L.
- Mineral crystal.
- Mineral crystal display caseback.
- Large, antique style silver-tone crown.
- New, thick dark blue genuine leather strap.
- Width w/o crown 48 mm.
- Strap width 22 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, white classic hot enamel dial.
- Cursive black Arabic numerals.
- “Ulysse Nardin Locle & Geneve” signature.
- Detailed small seconds subdial over numeral 6 position.
- Dark-blue steel ‘spade’ style hour and minute hands.
- Dark-blue steel small second hand with tail.
- In perfect condition.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Made circa 1900’s.
- 16 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- ‘Swan neck’ precision micro-regulator.
- 113773 serial number.
- Power reserve more than 35 hours.
- Gilt plates and bridges.
- Testing duration: 14+ days, winding every day at 12am.
- Average timekeeping range: less than 20-40 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.