This movement originally was produced in 1880’s as a high-precision, gold gentleman’s pocket watch, and it has since been rehoused in a new, custom-made wristwatch case. The movement class is a lever-type chronometer, with a typical high-grade Geneve finish. The timepiece features a precision lever chronometer 20 jewels movement finished and decorated with Geneve stripes, a gold chaton, and a signed enamel dial with classical style, elegant Roman numerals.
This is a perfect gentleman’s chronometer for good timekeeping. The exquisite Geneva wave-style movement finish can be enjoyed through the crystal display caseback.
The private label was produced by the famous Jules Monard Geneve manufactory for the US distributor house, Williams & Son. The original name of the maker can be found under dial. Monard was active during the late 19th-early 20th Century, and has been credited with making ‘high grade’ watches. His timepieces were imported by Wittnauer into the early part of the 20th century, at which point the company has since disappeared.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. Please make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- New, custom-made ‘classique’ style circular case.
- Solid stainless steel 316L.
- Mineral crystal.
- Mineral crystal display caseback.
- Large, silver-tone crown with small button below for setting hands.
- New, thick genuine leather, classic style strap with rivets.
- Width w/o crown 48 mm.
- Strap width 22 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, white classic hot enamel dial.
- Thin, black Roman numerals.
- Red Arabic numerals, hour counter going up by 5’s around outer edge.
- Detailed small seconds subdial over numeral 6 position.
- Dark-blue steel ‘spade’ style hour and minute hands.
- Dark-blue steel small second hand with tail.
- In perfect condition.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Made circa 1880’s.
- 20 jewels.
- Gold chaton.
- Manual winding.
- Signed “Williams & Son – Albany N.Y. – Adjusted – Patented”.
- “J. MONARD GENEVE” signature under dial.
- 23843 serial number.
- Serial number 22455 under dial.
- Power reserve more than 30 hours.
- Nickel plates and bridges with ‘Cote-de-Geneve’ finish.
- Polished wheels and screws.
- Testing duration: 20+ days, winding every day at 12am.
- Average timekeeping range: less than 10-25 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.