This watch houses an original Vacheron & Constantin pocket watch movement which, according to the V&C serial number catalogue, was made in 1910. The gold case was melted down for scrap long ago, but the watchmakers kept the expensive, high-quality movement. The new steel case was made specifically for this movement. The shape of the new case is in the antique style of the first wristwatches from 1905 – 1910. The antique movement can be admired through the glass caseback. There is a knob for setting the hands next to the crown.
Original enamel dial without any restorations, bearing the original signature “VACHERON & CONSTANTIN GENEVE”. The mechanism has another interesting feature – a non-standard vibration frequency. The V&C manufactory could afford to deviate from the standard of the time, and cut wheelsets with a non-standard number of teeth, resulting in a frequency of 18,600 vibrations/hour instead of the classic 18,000 vph.
The watch is a small and comfortable 35 mm (in diameter), while the strap is quite thick and looks fairly chunky, a harmonious combination.
About Vacheron & Constantin
The company Vacheron & Constantin has been around since 1755, and from the very beginning have produced expensive watches, all the while constantly striving to improve the level of quality. The company have worked continuously without ever deviating from their principles, even during difficult periods of world and watch history. Today, Vacheron & Constantin are one of the most well respected, expensive and prestigious watch brands.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 6-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a new military-type, genuine leather wrist strap.
Body: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Watch face: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Mechanism: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Accuracy: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Case and Strap
- New, custom-made antique style case – combination of polishing and satin-brushing.
- Moveable lugs on olive mounts.
- Steel with double glazing.
- Slightly convex, mineral crystal.
- Flip-down caseback.
- Onion shaped antique style crown.
- Knob on case side for setting the hands.
- Black, genuine leather military style strap.
- Width w/o crown 35 mm.
- Width w/ crown 38 mm.
- Height (with lugs) 41.5 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, white enamel dial.
- Slim, black Roman numerals.
- “Vacheron & Constantin Geneve” signature.
- Small seconds display at numeral 6 position.
- Dark purple, ‘spade’ style hands.
- Enamel is in perfect condition, no cracks.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Typical high-end V&C caliber.
- 16 jewels.
- Wolf’s teeth wind up gears.
- Unusual frequency of 18,600 vph.
- Signed by “VACHERON CONSTANTIN”.
- Nickel silver plates and bridges.
- Thin anchor fork with mirror chamfers.
- Polished screws.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Black, military style genuine leather strap.
- 6-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.