An exclusive, custom-made large gold watch with five complications. Very large in size, made of solid, thick rose gold. During casting, it took over half a kilogram of gold to prepare this case. It is definitely one of the largest gold watches in the world. Please note that, due to the mirror polished finishing of the case, there will be reflections in the provided images.
The sophisticated vintage movement has the following functions: a minute repeater (beats the time on demand with gongs and hammers), a chronograph (built-in stopwatch), a full lunar calendar (day, date, month, moon phase indicator). The old movement used to be housed in a pocket case (a collector’s case), but a new wristwatch case of custom design has now been made for it. The manufacturer of the movement can be identified by the Swiss patent number: BREVET 13804, CHARLES HAHN & Cie LANDERON, Neuchatel.
The old Swiss movement is not the only interesting feature in this watch: the Russian language marking on the calendar dials indicate that this watch was originally intended to be for the market of the Russian Empire.
The set includes a gift box, an elongated XXL strap, and an original gold pocket case – the complete collectible set. This watch was made as part of, and with the participation of The Watch Atelier and was intended to be a gift, but the customer decided to put this unique item on the market instead. An inspection and discussion about purchasing this watch is possible upon request.
Information About the Complications
The minute repeater is one of the most complex hourly functions. A clever mechanism reads the time from the arrow pointer and then beats the current time to the nearest minute. The number of hours in beat in a lower tone, the number of full quarters (15-minute intervals) are indicated by a double beat, and the number of minutes in a quarter is hit in a high tone. Most of the repeater’s mechanics are mounted under the dial. The decelerator centrifuge-spinner, gongs and hammers are placed on the back plate. When the strike slider is cocked, the spring is started, the repeater comb system reads the current time, and beats it with a deep, clear tone. The function is spectacular, interesting, and one of the most difficult to implement mechanically.
A chronograph is a built-in stopwatch that allows you to measure time intervals. The principle of operation of the one-button chronograph is that when you press the button, you can switch sequentially between the three modes:
- The central second hand starts moving and counting from zero.
- The central arrow stops to take readings.
- The central hand is reset to zero, the chronograph is stopped and waits for a restart.
The “start-stop-reset” button of the chronograph is located opposite numeral 12.
The full lunar calendar combines four indicators:
- Date number indicator (by numeral 3).
- Day of the week indicator (by numeral 9).
- Month indicator (by numeral 12).
- Lunar phase indicator (by numeral 6).
Rectangular buttons for switching indicators are located on the sides of the case.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 6-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. New, XXL snakeskin style genuine leather black strap.
Body: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Watch face: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Mechanism: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Accuracy: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Case and Strap
- New, custom-made thick-walled case.
- 14K rose gold, fully polished.
- Slightly convex, double glazed sapphire crystal.
- Double glazed, sapphire crystal screw caseback.
- Large gold crown.
- Two sliders for moving the hands and for activating the repeater.
- Button for turning on the chronograph.
- Sunken buttons for setting the calendar hands.
- New, high-quality double-sided genuine leather strap with gold clasp.
- Also included is a long, XXL strap.
- In perfect condition, the case is new and unworn.
- Diameter w/o crown approx. 57 mm.
- Width w/ crown approx. 63mm.
- Height of the lugs approx. 68 mm.
- Strap width 26mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, white enamel dial.
- Classic Roman numerals, old fonts in Russian.
- Dark blue lunar disc,, with a moon and stars incorporated into the design.
- Original carved hands with gilding.
- Calendar hands are a rich dark blue shade.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Anchor escapement.
- 18 jewels.
- Bimetallic thermocompensated balance with adjusting screws.
- Breguet hairsspring.
- Single- button chronograph with multi-scale enamel dial.
- Minute repeater under the dial with two hammers and gongs.
- Gilded plates and bridges.
- Matte finishing of the levers with mirror chamfers.
- Polished cogs.
- In close to perfect condition, everything works perfectly.
- Average timekeeping range: 1 minute/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- 26mm black genuine leather strap.
- Additional XXL strap.
- 6-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.
Links and Resources:
- Important: the hands should only be moved forward on watches with a repeater function.
- After cocking the repeater spring with the side slider, let the slider bounce back with a slight movement.
- The calendar is set by buttons at the counterclockwise position at 6 o’clock only.
- The chronograph wheel system loads the movement, it is advisable to use a heart rate monitor with a well-wound spring.