This very nice original Vacheron & Constantin gilt movement arrived without a case. The signed enamel dial is original unrestored. “Lepine” type open-face movement has the winding crown in position of “12” digit, it meaning that it needs an unusual wrist-type case to house the movement correctly. We machined a new case with a crown at the “12” position sunk into the top ‘olive piece’. The glazed caseback has been machined to please an owner’s eye every time he wears the watch: A great connoisseur’s choice.
The serial number 405636 corresponds to a 1930 year of production. Famous auction brand watches are in high demand, so this V&C will go quickly…
- Historical high-quality movement from top Swiss manufacture Vacheron & Constantin.
- Original signed enamel dial.
- New, custom-made watch case.
About Vacheron & Constantin
Vacheron Constantin SA is a Swiss luxury watch and clock manufacturer founded in 1755 by Jean-Marc Vacheron. Since 1996, it has been a subsidiary of the Swiss Richemont Group, along with other highly-regarded brands such as Jaeger-LeCoultre & Co. In addition to being the oldest Swiss manufacturer, Vacheron Constantin is also one of the oldest watch manufacturers in the world, with an uninterrupted watchmaking history since its foundation, having strongly persevered through major difficulties during both the Great Depression, and the quartz crisis of the 1970’s and 1980’s.
Vacheron Constantin are a very highly regarded watch manufacturer; the Vacheron Constantin pocket watch No. 402833 (1929), which was owned by King Fuad I of Egypt, ranks as one of the most expensive watches ever sold at auction, fetching US$2.77 million in Geneva on April 3, 2005. In 2015, Vacheron Constantin introduced the pocket watch Reference 57260, which currently holds the title of the most complicated mechanical watch ever made, with 57 horological complications.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a 20 mm black genuine leather strap.
Case and Strap
- Type, size: custom made new wristwatch case, “antique” style, display back, diameter w/o crown 46 mm.
- Metal, crystal: solid stainless steel 316L, front & back mineral crystals.
- Age & origin: new custom made one piece.
- Strap size, material, type: 20 mm, black natural leather.
- Case and strap condition: NEW UNWORN.
Dial and Hands
- Type: classic hot enamel, fancy Arabic numerals.
- Age & origin: original to the movement.
- Condition: some hairlines, small chip on “10”.
- Hands: blued steel “Breguet” hands.
- Restorations: NONE.
- Type: Vacheron calibre, swiss lever, gilt plates and bridges, 15 jewels.
- Balance type: bimetallic cut balance with screw weights, Breguet hairspring.
- Age & origin: Swiss made in 1930, all original.
- Condition: Very good (8/10), mechanical status is very good.
- Restorations: NONE.
- Testing time: 14+ days, winding every day at 12am.
- Running duration: more than 33 hours.
- Day error (static/dynamic): less than 90 sec/day.
- Conclusion: guaranteed to keep reasonably good time for 6 months.
Links and Resources: