A conversion wristwatch based on the original Ulysse Nardin movement from an antique pocket / vest watch with an original enamel dial and hands. The case was melted down for gold scrap a long time ago, but the high-quality vintage movement was preserved, and has now found a new life in its current wristwatch case. On the wrist, the light enamel dial looks eye-catching and attractive. Thanks to the new shiny case, the watch looks utterly like new. If you are looking for a small and comfortable watch with a historical vintage movement of noble origin – this is perfect for you!
The movement is a fairly early version (serial number under the dial: 7274), the caliber is based on a workpiece from the company LeCoultre & Co. Pay attention to the underside of the dial, where you can see the traces of the marking compass, handmade by an old master watchmaker. You can read more about this in the blog post.
New stainless-steel case with double glazing, size 40 mm, classic up-to-date shape, and comfortable to wear. The watch is a single copy, handmade as part of the Subscription Watch Project. The antique movement can be admired through the glass caseback.
About the Brand
Ulysse Nardin was founded in 1846 in the Swiss province of Le Locle, by the talented watchmaker Ulysses Nardin. Soon after the company started production, they began to concentrate on the creation of high-precision timekeeping devices, in particular marine chronometers, as well as complex watches containing minute repeaters, perpetual calendars, and chronographs. Keeping the jewellery and decorative component to a minimum, U. Nardin found that the formula for success in the art of precision mechanics was functionality, accuracy, and reliability.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a new high-quality, black leather strap.
Body: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Watch face: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Mechanism: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Accuracy: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Case and Strap
- Classical shaped, new custom-made case.
- Stainless steel.
- Mineral crystal, front convex.
- Flip-down caseback with glass.
- Elegantly shaped lugs.
- Polished with satin finishing.
- Vintage-style crown, situated next to knob for setting hands.
- New, high-quality black wrist strap made of genuine leather.
- New and unworn.
- . Diameter without crown 40.2 mm.
- Width with crown 44 mm.
- Height of the lugs 48 mm.
- Width of strap 22 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original white enamel dial.
- Classic-style, black Roman numerals.
- “Ulysse Nardin – Locle” signature.
- Small seconds dial at 6 o’clock position.
- Original ‘spade’-style blued steel hands.
- Swiss-made movement with early serial number.
- Movement No. 7274.
- Based on the high-quality LeCoultre & Co caliber.
- 15 ruby jewels.
- Bimetallic balance with thermocompensation and adjustment screws.
- Breguet balance spiral.
- Thin anchor fork with chamfers and counterweights of the Audemars system with high-quality finishing.
- Thickly gilded plates and bridges.
- Blued screws.
- Wolf’s teeth gears with precision-grinding.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- High accuracy – average error within 30 seconds per day.
- New, high-quality black genuine leather strap.
- 6-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.