This beautiful engineering and navigation chronograph from the famous company Leonidas is a true antique, dating back to the 1920’s. The red and black of the two-tone enamel dial contrasts nicely with the brown of the strap, while the vintage-type font suggests the age of the watch in a subtle, yet attractive and mysterious way.
Engineering and navigation type chronograph (watch with built-in stopwatch) with an enamel two-tone dial with red 1/100-minute markings. The mark-up allows you to take readings and conduct mathematical calculations in hundredths of minutes, which is much more convenient than seconds. The mechanism is complex, the system of levers and springs provides the logic of turning on the chronograph and the drive of the 30-minute counter. The watch comes with the rare one-button “Chronographe Monopussoir“ feature. The mechanism is in perfect condition, and you can study its design and the interaction of the levers through the glass caseback.
About the Brand
The Leonidas company has been around since the end of the 19th century, and has specialised predominantly in chronographs, split chronographs and military watches. Leonidas was one of the main suppliers of watches for the Wehrmacht in the 1930’s – 40’s, while at the same time supplying watches for the British army with the GSTP marking. In the early 1960’s, the company was absorbed by its competitor TAG HEUER, and thus at first the watch was called Leonidas-Heuer.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 6-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a new genuine leather wrist strap with buckles.
Case body: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 new unworn)
Watch face: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Mechanism: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Accuracy: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Case and Strap
- New, custom made classical style case.
- Steel with double glazing and satin finish.
- Flip-down caseback with glass.
- Unusual motorcycle-type crown arranged at an angle.
- Original crown with chronograph activation button.
- Rare ‘Chronographe Monopussoir’ feature – button on the crown for the ‘on-stop-reset’ functions of the central second hand.
- Genuine brown leather strap, new.
- Diameter without crown 48 mm.
- Width with crown 50 mm.
- Height of lugs 57 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, unrestored enamel dial.
- Black markings for hours, red markings for chronograph hand.
- 1/100-minute format.
- Front convex mineral crystal.
- Original blued Breguet hands.
- Small seconds hand works constantly.
- Large seconds hand activated by button on crown.
- 30-minute drive counter – switches every minute of the countdown.
- Anchor escapement.
- 17 Jewels.
- Gold-plated plates.
- Bimetallic thermocompensated balance with adjustment screws and Breguet balance spiral.
- Multi-link single-button chronograph with column wheel.
- Matte finished levers.
- Polished cogs.
- New balance axis, the rest is original.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Balance axis has been replaced.
- New, custom-made case.
- New, brown leather fitted strap.
- 6-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.