This antique Audemars Freres movement is of the highest quality, better even than the top ten modern brands today, and is housed in a new, custom-made steel case. The large case, and strong-looking numerals and hands, combined with the sweeping signature on the original dial, create a compelling and unique appearance. The movement is based on a LeCoultre & Co high-quality ‘ebauche’ billet, with a central jewel and extra end jewels. It is in good condition, looks elegant, and shines like new. The watch is large, the usual size for today, and looks very interesting on the wrist. It is very unlikely that one would ever stumble across this watch in everyday life – it is a real antique.
About the Brand
The company Audemars Freres (Audemars Brothers) produced watches well above the average price range, usually gold watches, often with complications such as repeaters, chronographs, perpetual calendars, and Grande Sonnerie. There is no information about the connection with the modern company Audemars Piguet, but they definitely share a surname and family ties.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 6-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a new, high-quality military-type strap made of genuine leather.
Body: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Watch face: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Mechanism: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Accuracy: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Case and Strap
- Aesthetically pleasing, circular shaped case.
- New, custom-made steel with double glazing.
- Polished and satin finished.
- Mineral crystal, front convex.
- Flip-down caseback.
- Large, vintage crown.
- Moveable lugs on olive mounts.
- New, unworn.
- Diameter without crown 49 mm.
- Width with crown 55 mm.
- Height of the lugs 56 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, white enamel dial.
- Black, uniform Roman numerals and 5-minute markings.
- “Audemars Freres – Brassus & Geneve” signature in small italics.
- Small seconds display.
- Classical blued steel hands.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Based on LeCoultre & Co Ebauche.
- 19 jewels.
- Large balance wheel with gold adjustment screws and Breguet balance spiral.
- Wolf’s teeth wind-up gears with matte finishing.
- Specially finished anchor escapement with mirror finished bevels.
- Steel mounts with end jewels, matte finishing.
- Plates and bridges in thick, light gilding.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- New case and balance axis.
- 6-month warranty
- New, high-quality military-type genuine leather strap.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.