Wristwatch with an original Ulysse Nardin movement with original enamel dial and hands, originally from a pocket watch. The case was long ago melted down for gold scrap, but the high-quality movement remained intact. The watch is eye-catching on the wrist, the light enamel dial looks interesting and attractive, and thanks to its new shiny body, the whole thing looks like new.
The movement is an early version (number under the dial: 6250), and the caliber is based on a ‘ebauche’ workpiece from LeCoultre & Co. Early type cursive signature on the dial.
New double glazed, stainless-steel case with movable belt lugs. Made as a single piece as part of the Subscription Watch Project. The antique mechanism can be admired through the glass caseback.
About the Brand
Ulysse Nardin was founded in 1846 in the Swiss province of Le Locle, by the talented watchmaker Ulysses Nardin. Soon after the company started production, they began to concentrate on the creation of high-precision timekeeping devices, in particular marine chronometers, as well as complex watches containing minute repeaters, perpetual calendars, and chronographs. Keeping the jewellery and decorative component to a minimum, U. Nardin found that the formula for success in the art of precision mechanics was functionality, accuracy, and reliability.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 6-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes complete with a new high-quality wrist strap with a folding clasp.
Body: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Watch face: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Mechanism: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Accuracy: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Case and Strap
- ‘Crab’ type new custom-made case with swing lugs.
- Steel, double-glazed.
- Mineral crystal, front convex.
- Flip-down caseback.
- Vintage-style crown, located at numeral 12, next to knob for setting hands.
- Polished with satin finishing.
- Black genuine leather strap with folding clasp.
- Diameter without crown 45.5 mm.
- Height of the crab lugs 56 mm.
- Width of strap 20 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original white enamel dial.
- Classic black Roman numerals.
- “Ulysse Nardin – Locle” signature.
- Small seconds dial at numeral 6.
- Original ‘spade’-style blued steel hands.
- Perfect condition, no restorations.
- Swiss-made movement.
- High-quality LeCoultre & Co caliber.
- Movement serial No. 6250.
- 15 ruby jewels.
- Bimetallic balance with temperature compensation and adjustment screws.
- Thin anchor fork with chamfers.
- Wolf’s teeth gears with precision-grinding.
- Thickly gilded plates and bridges.
- Blued screws.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- High accuracy – average error within 1.5 minutes per day.
- New, high-quality black genuine leather strap with folding clasp.
- 6-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.
Links and Resources:
Example of a Handcrafted Ulysse Nardin Case.
Ulysse Nardin Company History (official website).
Catalogue of Ulysse Nardin Antique Calibers.