Original, high-quality movement by the famous Swiss brand LONGINES, produced in 1904 according to the Longines serial number catalogue. The classic enamel dial has an authentic signature, and is decorated with fancy ‘Art Nouveau’ numerals and ornate hands. The watch features a rolled gold crown, an early patented regulator, and a high-grade gilt movement, visible through the glazed display caseback. All of these high-quality, original components are housed in a new, custom-made solid stainless steel case.
The Longines watch company was founded in 1832 by watchmaker Auguste Agassiz, and his two partners, Henri Raiguel and Florian Morel. Initially, the original name of the company was Raiguel Jeune & Cie. However, by 1846, Raigeul and Morel had retired from the watch industry, leaving Agassiz as the sole head of the company.
The name ‘Longines’ comes from a famous pocket watch model created in 1867 by a later head of the company, Ernest Francillon, who had established a manufactory outside the village of Saint-Imier in the meadows of the district Langgewann (Les Longines). This model became so popular that the company began to experience problems with counterfeiting, and so in 1889 the trademark name of ‘Longines’ was registered, making this company the oldest registered watch manufacturer in the world.
The success of Longines has a long history. They have developed highly regarded reputations in equestrian sports such as horse racing, due to their creation of the 20H ‘mono-pusher’ chronograph 1878, which enabled the creation of precise stopwatches suitable for timing professional events.
In the 1940’s, Longines actively collaborated with both UK and US allies, as well as with the Wehrmacht, supplying watches to all warring parties. Many military style watches from the company can be found. In 1945 Longines brought the first watch with automatic winding to market, and in 1952 they were the official timekeeper of the Olympic Winter Games in Oslo.
Today, Longines continues to thrive just as successfully as ever before, and along with Omega and Tissot, is one of the largest brands inside the Swatch Group.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. Make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- New, custom-made ‘classique’ style case.
- Solid stainless steel 316L.
- Mineral crystal.
- Mineral crystal display caseback.
- Onion shaped gilt crown.
- New, thick dark brown genuine leather strap.
- Width 48 mm.
- Strap width 22 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, white classic hot enamel dial.
- Black, highly detailed and fancy Arabic numerals.
- “Longines” signature below numeral 12 position.
- Small seconds subdial over numeral 6 position.
- Gilt ‘Louis XIV’ style hour and minute hands.
- Blued small seconds hand with pointed tail.
- Dial in near-perfect condition – little edge hairline between 11 and 12.
- Swiss-made movement.
- 15 jewels.
- 1743652 serial number.
- Manual winding.
- Patented regulator.
- Power reserve more than 35 hours.
- Longines winged logo on balance cock.
- Gilt plates and bridges.
- Finely detailed floral pattern finishing of wheels.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks, winding every day at 12am.
- Average timekeeping range: error less than 40 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.