This watch was made as part of the ‘Subscription’ Watch Project, with the movement originally made by the German firm Ellinghausen, a jewellery and trading house from Berlin. The closest German counterpart to this, in both class and design, is A. Lange & Sohne. The movement is an intriguing Systeme Glashutte, manufactured at the Deutsche Uhrenfabrik Glashütte (DUF) factory – German timepieces are very much desired by collectors, sometimes even over similar Swiss creations. This watch is a rare and valuable item for all lovers of the German design and precision mechanics, and keeps time with the accuracy of a modern timepiece.
This is a very interesting Systeme Glashutte movement, in the original high-end German design. The enamel of the dial is perfectly preserved without any cracks, which is a luxury. The movement is from a gold watch, with original carved gold hands, very gracefully designed numerals, labels, and signature. This movement has a high-quality ‘swan neck’ micro-regulator – an expensive balance with heavy gold cogs.
The case is new, made of 316L polished stainless steel, and in perfect condition. The glass caseback allows you to enjoy the excellently preserved 100-year-old mechanism. The gold-coated crown is perfectly matched to the gold hands.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop, and keeps the time accurately(the average error is less than 0.5 minutes per day). There is a 6-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a new, high-quality, double-sided wrist strap made of genuine leather.
Body: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Watch face: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Mechanism: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Accuracy: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Case and Strap
- New, custom-made circular shaped case.
- 316L stainless steel – polished and double glazed.
- Front convex mineral crystal.
- Flip-down caseback with glass for viewing the inner workings.
- Large, vintage crown, rose gold coating.
- Key for setting the hands.
- New, unworn.
- Diameter without crown 48 mm.
- Width with crown 53 mm.
- Height of the lugs 57 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original white enamel dial.
- Elegant, black Arabic numerals.
- “Gebt Ellinghausen Hoflieferanten Berlin” signature in italics.
- Small seconds display at numeral 6.
- Elaborate gold-tone seconds hand in ‘Louis XIV’ style
- Original ‘Louis XIV’ carved hour and minute hands in rose gold.
- No cracks or restorations.
- German-made Systeme Glashutte movement.
- Lange/Glashutte caliber.
- 16 ruby jewels in the chatons.
- ‘Swan neck’ micro-regulator bimetallic balance with gold cogs.
- Breguet balance spiral.
- Steel wheels.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- New case – all else original.
- 6-month warranty
- New double-sided genuine leather strap.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.