Important movement taken from a massive gold pocket chronometer (the case from which was scrapped many years ago). It was made in 1871-75 by the Tissot manufactory and signed with the old family signature “Chs F. Tissot & Fils”. The high-grade movement with it’s original signed enamel dial and finest hands has been well-kept all these years, and has now been re-housed in a new, custom-made wristwatch case.
The original enamel dial is in perfect condition, with thin, elegant numerals and fine ‘Breguet’ style blued steel hands. The new-old-stock repair kit winding crown is contemporary to the movement. The plates and bridges have been finished with Geneva stripes with unusual patterning.
The movement has been fully disassembled, cleaned, oiled and adjusted. It looks just like new, you can see it shining through the glazed display caseback.
Tissot is the most major and well-known watchmaking company, founded in 1853 by Charles-Félicien Tissot and his son Charles-Émile Tissot. In 1858 Charles-Emile Tissot travelled to Russia, where he succeeded in selling and popularising the company’s Savonette Pocket Watches across the Russian Empire.
Tissot merged with watch company Omega SA in 1930, forming SSIH (Société Suisse pour l’Industrie Horlogère), and Tissot-Omega watches from this era are much sought after by collectors. Tissot is an official timekeeper for the world championships in cycling, motorcycling, fencing and ice hockey, and was also a sponsor for the Formula One car-racing teams Lotus, Renault, and Sauber.
Tissot watches have been worn by the likes of Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, Grace Kelly, Elvis Presley and Nelson Mandela. In 2021, Tissot SA is marketing the Le Locle Powermatic 80, which has a watch face designed to mimic the clock tower in its founding city of Le Locle.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. Please make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- New, custom-made ‘’classique’ style case.
- Solid stainless steel 316L.
- Mineral crystal.
- Mineral crystal display caseback.
- New-old-stock, silver-tone crown.
- New, thick, dark brown, genuine leather strap with rivets.
- Width w/o crown 49 mm.
- Strap width 24 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, white classic hot enamel dial.
- Ultra thin Roman numerals.
- “CH.F. Tissot & Fils Locle” signature.
- seconds subdial over numeral 6 position.
- Thin, ‘Breguet’ style blued steel hands.
- Blued steel seconds hand with tail.
- In perfect condition.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Made from 1871-1875.
- 19 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- 31150 serial number and “Ch. F. Tissot & Fils Locle” signature.
- ‘Wolf’s teeth’ winding wheels.
- Rose gold chaton and end-stone.
- Power reserve more than 32 hours.
- Gilt plates and bridges with Geneva wave finishing.
- Polished wheels and screws.
- In perfect mechanical condition.
- Testing duration: 21+ days, winding every day at 12am.
- Average timekeeping range: less than 10-30 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New, genuine leather strap.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.