Unusual and interesting watch from the famous and currently highly expensive brand Hy Moser & Cie. Who have a fascinating history, creating complicated timepieces.
This vintage 1960’s watch has the unusual feature of an opening cover and tactile Braille points for reading the time using your fingers. The dial is simple, yet attractive, with the Braille points around the outer edge of the dial, and black numerals in a stylised cursive font around the inner section. The hands are thick to prevent any damage from fingertips. The watch comes with a shiny black leather strap.
About the Brand
Hy Moser & Cie was founded in 1826 by Johann Heinrich Moser. Moser’s factory produced a wide range of pocket watches for both men and women in a large variety of different types and styles, which became so popular that the company began to have a consistent problem with counterfeits. In 1868, Moser, together with the American Florentino-Ariosto Jones, created a new watch company called the ‘International Watch Company’, which became a pioneer of the industrial production of watches in Switzerland. The Hy Moser & Cie factory was revived in Schaffhausen, Switzerland in 2005. It produces interesting luxury watches with special functions. Remarkably, the designs from the original samples of vintage Moser movements are echoed in the basic style and shape of the movements produced today.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a good-quality, black leather strap.
Case and Strap
- Circular case with opening cover.
- Stainless steel with crown.
- Snap stainless steel caseback.
- Simple, black leather snakeskin style strap.
- Width w/o crown 33.2 mm.
- Width with crown 35.8 mm.
- Height 43.5 mm.
- Strap width 18 mm.
Dial and Hands
- White dial with simple black railroad design around the outer edge.
- White Braille points circled in black situated around the dial at the usual numeric intervals.
- Inner circle of black numerals in a stylised, curling font.
- Black, long, thick and straight minute hand.
- Shorter thick, black clubbed hour hand.
- “Hy Moser” and “Swiss Made” signatures on dial.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Peseux 7070 caliber.
- 17 jewels.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Full disassembly and servicing in our Bristol shop.
- New fitted leather strap.
- 12-month guarantee.
- How to care for your vintage watch.