This rare, colourful Les Routiers divers-drivers wristwatch could be the eye-catcher of your collection. The chrome-plated case is a great size at 38mm, while the dial is a burst of interesting colours. This timepiece is reliable and perfectly readable, and holds an interesting historical background. Moderately large but not chunky, with a bold design – this is a typical diving watch. All the colours are here! Black, white, silver, red, blue, green, yellow, even orange! A true poster child for diver’s watches from the 70’s!
This timepiece seals the deal with its intact waterproofing! Despite its half-century age, it has passed the WR30M test with flying colours.
About Les Routiers
Les Routiers was initially founded in 1935, becoming a popular travel road-book guide for French truck drivers looking for good and fairly priced restaurants and hotels in the 1930’s. It was a huge success. In 1970 Les Routiers opened a UK-based company, which became known for its interesting recommendations for cosy, quirky, and eclectic eateries, bars, and pubs. The brand has, however, descended into mystery and intrigue… on the verge of releasing their next publication in 2006 the company went silent, the guide book was never published, and no one seems to know what has happened to the once highly respected and renowned brand.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a 19/20 mm high-quality beige and green nylon strap.
Case and Strap
- Original, tonneau style case.
- Chrome plated.
- Pan shaped acrylic glass.
- Stainless steel screw caseback.
- Chrome-plated waterproof crown.
- Water-resistant – 3ATM tested.
- Beige and green nylon strap.
- Width w/o crown 38.3 mm.
- Width w/crown 41 mm.
- Height 43 mm.
- Thickness 11.8 mm.
- Strap width 19/20 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, circular black, green, red, and blue tone combination dial with metal bezel.
- Lumed Arabic numerals 6, 9, 12.
- Painted lume indices.
- “Les Routiers” Signature at centre.
- Date window over 3.
- Original, ‘arrow’ style lumed hour and minute hands.
- Long, ‘Dauphine’ style orange seconds hand.
- French-made movement.
- FE 140-1 France Ebauche calibre.
- 17 jewels.
- Power reserve approximately 47 hours.
- Satin-brushed bridges and wheels.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 15-40 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- 19/20mm high-quality nylon strap.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.
Links and Resources:
A Les Routiers Article About an Interesting Restaurant.
Some Information About France Ebauche (the Movement Creator).
An Article on the Mysterious Disappearance of Les Routiers.