This Clyda digi-mech is far from the sort of watch that you’re used to seeing, this piece comes from the 70’s ‘electronic/digital’ era, when classical mechanical brands were competing with electronic watches and developing these kind of mechanical timepieces with digital display complications. Fun fact – 99% of those advanced electronic digital watches are now dead and non-repairable, due to the degradation of the integrated electronic components. However, the horological digi-mech creations are still alive and running, and with regular servicing will continue to do so for 100+ years.
This particular watch has undergone a full case renewal, with a brand new 1.0 – 1.5 micron-thick gold plating, giving it a beautiful gold lustre that has to be seen in person! We recommend that you avoid wearing in hot weather or exotic countries as this can wear away the gold plating, it’s better suited for collections or special occasions.
NOTE: It is strictly recommended that you do not move the hour discs backwards, and only move them forwards to avoid any maladjustment of the jump-hour springs.
CLYDA brand was founded by Otto Schlund (OSCO, Schwenningen), a manufacturer company from Germany. Movements, components and production were in France. The Clyda company still exists today currently however they have gravitated towards producing fashion watches instead.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. Make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- Original 70’s tonneau style case.
- Renewed gold plated case body.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel snap caseback.
- 24mm black leather strap.
- Width w/ crown: 36.2mm
- Width w/o crown: 33.7mm
- Height: 39.4mm
- Thickness: 12.8mm
- Strap: 24mm
Dial and Hands
- Original white and gold dial.
- White jumping hour window.
- Crescent overlapping digital display with minutes
- “Clyda” signature with crown logo to the right of the display.
- German-made movement.
- PUW 1560D caliber.
- 25 jewels.
- Instant jumping hours digital indication.
- Finely satin-brushed plates and bridges.
- Polished wheels and screws.
- Testing duration: 1 week cyclic test
- Average timekeeping range: 15-40 sec/day
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Original connected stainless steel strap.
- Care and usage guidelines.