This striking watch design gained huge popularity in the 1970’s. During this time, quartz movements began to displace mechanical ones, due to their cheapness, and manufacturers entered into a technological race to simplify and reduce the cost of production of classical mechanical movements, producing machines with a Roskopf pin descent. Which is used in this movement. The bridges and plates are stamped, with 17 jewels. In addition to its style and integrity, this watch has a great alarm function, is in perfect condition, practically like new, and shows minimal traces of time.
The interestingly shaped case exhibits the dial nicely, sloping away from it in a sharp, retro design, the dark, reflective sheen of the case contrasting with the cream and red of the dial. The dial has a pleasant shiny patina, almost shell-like, and its cream colour, combined with the inner circle of red markers, as well as the yellow and red filled hands, give this watch an intriguing and highly fashionable quality. Along with the funky alarm complication, this timepiece is also waterproof, antimagnetic, and shock-resistant, looks like new and in perfect condition.
Servicing and Guarantee
This is a completely ready-to-wear vintage timepiece, in great, unrestored condition. It comes with a stylish fitted strap of thick genuine leather with screws, and a 6-month warranty, subject to the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- Chrome-plated case.
- Back cover screwed on with a thread.
- Two crowns: one for the alarm and one for the general running of the watch.
- New textured black leather fitted strap.
- All in near perfect condition.
- Width w/o crown 39 mm.
- Width with crown 39 mm.
- Height 39 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Creamy beige dial with an inner circle of bright red markers.
- Raised metal numerals 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12, in a stylish, retro font.
- “Herwal” signature.
- Long thin metal numeral markers, matching with the numerals on the dial.
- Silver hour and minute hands decorated with two long, thin black line along each hand, filled with yellow paint at each end.
- Long silver seconds hand.
- Long silver alarm hand with red arrow at end.
- Swiss-made Ronda 1223-21 calibre movement.
- 17 ruby jewels.
- Nickel-plated plates and bridges.
- Manual winding.
- Shock-proofing device.
- Power reserve of more than 33 hours.
- All in great technical and cosmetic condition.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Full service and disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- New fitted leather strap.
- 6-month guarantee.
- How to care for your vintage watch.