Just compare indexes and case shape with Patek Philippe Calatrava, definitely this combination is a winner. The muted tones of the whole watch make this timepiece interesting, the combination of the soft brown of the strap, the silver of the bezel, and the cream and gold tones of the dial all highly compliment each other – giving this watch a minimalistic, modish feel to it. It’s subtle, but simultaneously it feels timelessly classic.
The 34 mm solid stainless steel case with interestingly shaped lugs is all original, shines beautifully, and shows very little visible signs of wear. The original cream-tone dial is decorated with a gold-tone ‘Tissot’ signature plate and applied mirror polished indices, all of which nicely catch and play in the light. The watch comes with a high quality, soft black genuine leather strap.
According to the Tissot serial number dating charts, the movement production year is 1954 – making this a great gift for any friends or family who share this year as their birth year!
About the Brand
Tissot SA is a Swiss luxury watch brand, founded in Le Locle, Switzerland by Charles-Félicien Tissot and his son, Charles-Émile Tissot, in 1853. In 1858 Charles-Emile Tissot travelled to Russia, where he succeeded in selling and popularising the company’s Savonette Pocket Watches across the Russian Empire. In 2021, Tissot SA is marketing the Le Locle Powermatic 80, which has a watch face designed to mimic the clock tower in its founding city of Le Locle.
Tissot merged with watch company Omega SA in 1930, forming SSIH (Société Suisse pour l’Industrie Horlogère), and Tissot-Omega watches from this era are much sought after by collectors. Tissot is an official timekeeper for the world championships in cycling, motorcycling, fencing and ice hockey, and was also a sponsor for the Formula One car-racing teams Lotus, Renault, and Sauber.
Tissot watches have been worn by the likes of Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, Grace Kelly, Elvis Presley and Nelson Mandela.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a new, 18 mm high-quality genuine soft black leather strap.
Case and Strap
- Original, circular case with specially shaped lugs.
- Solid stainless steel.
- Pan shaped, acrylic crystal.
- Screw stainless steel caseback with perlage finishing, shield emblem and serial number on inside cover.
- Original steel crown.
- Width w/o crown 34 mm.
- Width w/crown 36.5 mm.
- Height 41.7 mm.
- Thickness 9.5 mm.
- Strap width 18 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, circular cream-tone dial.
- Gold-tone, mirror polished, applied tapered style indices.
- Silver-tone ‘Tissot’ signature plate on dial.
- Simple cross-hair style sub second display.
- Gold-tone ‘Dauphine’ style hour, minute, and small seconds hand.
- French-made movement.
- Tissot 27B-1 calibre.
- 15 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Sub second.
- Incabloc shockproof.
- 44-hour power reserve.
- Satin finished bridges.
- Sunburst finishing on steel wheels.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 15-45 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- 18mm high-quality genuine soft black leather strap.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.
Links and Resources:
See Video of the Dial in Action on Instagram (coming soon).