This beautifully classical 1970’s Swiss MONTINE watch is in near perfect condition, with a high-quality satin-brushed gold plated case and retro date window. This watch is quintessentially 1970’s – with the characteristic 70’s gold case contrasting with the silver-tone dial and brown-tone indices. In such great condition, this timepiece is a stylish, rare find – a fashionable 50-years old piece of horology.
Great classical look in almost perfectly unrestored condition. The 70’s style tonneau case is gold-plated, and nicely shows off the circular dial. The dial itself is silver-tone, with attractive block shaped indices accented with black squares at their outer ends. The indices are aesthetically matched by the dark gold-tone stick (lume) hour and minute hands and long thin seconds hand. The rectangular date window adds to the retro feel, while the whole look is completed the contrasting colour of the black strap.
About the Brand
Established in 1971 by Bruce McGuire, the Montine brand was an inflight bestseller on airlines, selling over half a million units per year during the 1980’s. This prompted the Montine advertising slogan – “one sold every minute around the world”. The brand was successful due to its classic styling, quality and very accessible prices.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 12-month guarantee on the accurate functioning of the mechanism, as long as usage and care guidelines are followed correctly. The watch comes with a high-quality snake-skin style genuine black leather strap.
Case and Strap
- Tonneau shaped case.
- Gold plated.
- Pan-shaped acrylic glass.
- Stainless steel screw-in caseback.
- Gold-plated crown.
- Not water-resistant.
- Width w/o crown 34 mm.
- Width w/crown 37.3 mm.
- Height 40.3 mm.
- Strap width 18 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original silver-tone dial.
- Gold-tone with black accents block style indices.
- “MONTINE Of Switzerland” signature below 12.
- Rectangular date window at 3.
- Stick lume hands.
- Long thin seconds hand.
- Swiss-made movement.
- AS 1913 automatic calibre.
- 25 jewels.
- Automatic date window.
- Satin-brushed plates and bridges.
- Polished screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 10-30 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Great timekeeping and reliability – has passed preventative maintenance and testing.
- High-quality black snakeskin style genuine leather strap.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.