Large and impressive wristwatch with new, custom-made case, housing an original Patek Philippe pocket watch movement with its original enamel dial and hands. The movement is the famous Patek Philippe ‘Gondolo’ caliber, called this due to the signature central bridge in the shape of a Gondolo boat.
The case is bespoke, and has been finely tailored to comfortably house the original movement, while also showing it off nicely. According to the Patek Philippe serial number-production year charts, this movement dates to a production year of approximately 1902.
About Patek Philippe
Patek Philippe SA is a Swiss luxury watch and clock manufacturer, founded in Geneva in 1839 by the businessman and aristocrat Antoine Norbert count de Patek and the watchmaker Francois Czapek.
They are one of the oldest watch manufacturers in the world with an uninterrupted watchmaking history since their foundation, and are widely considered to be one of the most prestigious watch manufacturers globally. Over the years, notable figures including Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth II, Marie Curie, Albert Einstein, John F. Kennedy, Nelson Mandela, Pablo Picasso all wore Patek Philippe timepieces.
Since the 2000’s, Patek Philippe timepieces have repeatedly fetched high prices in auctions worldwide. On 8 November 2001 the Patek Philippe Museum opens in Geneva, documenting the development of the watchmaking art from the 16th Century to the present day by numerous valuable exhibits. As of 2018, among the world’s top ten most expensive watches ever sold at auctions, seven are Patek Philippe watches. Currently, the company is an active member of the Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry FH.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a new, high-quality genuine leather strap in black snakeskin style.
- New, custom-made king size case.
- Solid steel.
- Mineral crystal.
- Mineral crystal display caseback.
- Vintage style, onion shaped crown.
- New black snakeskin style genuine leather strap.
- Width w/o crown 49 mm.
- Width w/ crown 54.6 mm.
- Full height 52 mm.
- Thickness 15 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, white enamel dial.
- Antique style Roman numerals.
- “Patek Philippe Geneve” signature below numeral 12.
- Small seconds subdial over numeral 6.
- Original blued steel ‘Spade’ style hands.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Patek Philippe Gondolo caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Cam shaped micro precision regulator.
- Gilt plates and bridges.
- Polished wheels and screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 15-40 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New, genuine leather strap with hypoallergenic lining in black snakeskin style.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.