Original 1920’s ANGELUS movement, with ‘driver’s style’ diagonal dial layout with luminous military-style numerals with no radiation. The enamel dial, hands, and silver crown with star on button are all original and in perfect condition. The timepieces features a rare alarm function with hammer and gong, an alarm subdial set by a button on the crown, and an original signed enamel dial, non-radium with harmless lume. The movement is high-grade with a dual barrel tandem wind and finished with Geneva stripes.
Everything looks just like new, is in perfect condition, the shining movement visible through the glazed display caseback.
About Angelus Watch Company
Angelus Watch Company was founded in 1891 by Stolz freres (brothers). The company’s main profile was advanced movements with chronograph, split-chronograph, repeater, alarm, self-striking and calendar functions. Serial production with high Swiss-standard quality allowed Angelus Watch Co to acquire a significant share of the watch market. Angelus pocket alarms are notably valuable on antique market due to true high quality and pleasing sound of alarm.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. Please make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- New, custom-made ‘’classique’ style case.
- Solid stainless steel 316L.
- Mineral crystal.
- Mineral crystal display caseback.
- Vintage style, silver-tone crown.
- New, thick dark brown, ‘Tornado Aviator’ genuine leather strap with rivets.
- Width w/o crown 48 mm.
- Strap width 20 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, white classic hot enamel dial.
- Military style Arabic numerals with lume (safe – non-radium).
- “Angelus – Alarm – Patent – Swiss” signature.
- Seconds subdial over numeral 6 position.
- Alarm subdial at numeral 12 position.
- Blued steel ‘Squalette’ style hands with lume.
- Blued steel seconds and alarm hands.
- In perfect condition.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Made from 1920-30.
- 15 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Dual barrel with tandem spring.
- Power reserve more than 32 hours.
- Silver plated plates and bridges with Geneva waves.
- Polished wheels and screws.
- In perfect mechanical condition.
- Testing duration: 14+ days, winding every day at 12am.
- Average timekeeping range: less than 20-40 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Usage and Care Guidelines.
Essential gentleman’s military-style wristwatch with rare hammer-and-gong alarm function. Alarm sound loud and clear, movement looks crisp and runs with excellent timekeeping.
To adjust the time please push the button near “11”, DO NOT PULL THE CROWN.
To adjust the alarm hand please push the button on the winding crown.
Links and Resources:
Video with Alarm Sound: