1920’s ANGELUS military style wristwatch with a rare alarm function with hammer and gong, and an alarm subdial set by the button on the crown. The watch also features a dual barrel tandem wind high-grade movement with Geneva stripes, and a military style refinished original dial, with non-radium harmless luminous numerals and hands.
About Angelus Watch Company
Angelus Watch Company was founded in 1891 by Stolz freres (brothers). The company’s main profile was advanced movements with chronograph, split-chronograph, repeater, alarm, self-striking and calendar functions. Serial production with high Swiss-standard quality allowed Angelus Watch Co to acquire a significant share of the watch market. Angelus pocket alarms are notably valuable on antique market due to true high quality and pleasing sound of alarm.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. Make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines. Comes with genuine leather, brown strap with stitching.
Case and Strap
- New, custom-made ‘classique’ style case.
- Solid stainless steel 316L.
- Mineral crystal.
- Mineral crystal display caseback.
- Onion shaped crown with centre button.
- New, thick dark brown genuine leather strap.
- Width 48 mm.
- Strap width 22 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, silver plated metal dial.
- Military style Arabic numerals with lume (safe – non-radium).
- “Angelus” signature below numeral 12 position.
- Small alarm setting dial over numeral 3 position.
- Small seconds subdial over numeral 9 position.
- Blue/black steel ‘Squelette’ style hour and minute hands with lume.
- Blued small seconds and alarm hands.
- Swiss-made movement.
- 15 jewels.
- 105851 serial number.
- Dual barrel with tandem winding.
- Silver plated bridges with Geneva wave.
- Polished screws.
- Polished wheels with “Angelus Watch Co. Switzerland”on one and “Fifteen jewels * 4 Four Adjustments” on the other.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New, genuine leather strap.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.
- Wind the watch as it usually done, but in both directions. Clockwise winding for running power, counter-clockwise for alarm power.
- To set time DO NOT pull out the crown. Push the small pin at “2 o’clock”, hold it down, and rotate the crown slowly.
- Please set hands only forward. Vintage watches don’t like backward hands setting.
- To set Alarm time please push the button on the crown. Every push of crown button sets alarm hand counter-clockwise step by step.
- Please mind the accuracy of alarm trigger can have tolerance ±5 minutes.
Please see video below with loud & clear alarm sound!
The watch controls:
- turn crown clockwise – to wind the movement;
- turn crown counter-clockwise – to wind alarm barrel;
- push button on winding crown – to set alarm time;
- push button near “2” – to set time.
Links and Resources:
Video with the Alarm (play with sound).