This 1970’s Avelta features a unique bold chrome plated case with compressor style crowns, a solid steel caseback as well as a domed acrylic crystal. The rotating outer bezel works as a slide rule bezel whilst the inner rotating bezel, operated by the crown at 2, works as a traditional 60 minute timer. The crown at 4 is for the watch’s standard functions, such as winding and time setting.
Slide rule bezels are rarely seen, the most common watch it could be found on would be Breitling’s iconic Navitimer. The circular slide rule has a mobile scale (on a watch, this is on the bidirectional bezel), and a second, fixed scale (on the dial), each with its own graduations. Together they can be used to perform simple mathematical calculations such as multiplications, divisions, conversions and “rule of three” cross-multiplications.
The movement powering this quirky Avelta is the French made Lorsa P75A. A manual wind movement further adding onto its vintage charm.
Mr Édouard Chemla created the Avelta brand in the 1960’s at 6 rue de Maréchal Fayolle in Marseille. The history of the brand seems to have become lost in time, although their beautiful watches still remain. All the components have been French-made, and the quality in many aspects is usually better than Swiss products of the same grade level.
Case and Strap
- Original, cushion style case with rotating slide rule bezel.
- Chrome plated case body.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel screw caseback with aqua-diver emblem.
- New black nylon strap.
- Width w/ crown 42 mm.
- Full height 42 mm.
- Thickness 12.5 mm.
- Strap width 20 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original metal-grey sunburst dial.
- Original silver tone indices with mint green lume (non glowing).
- Quirky date window over 3 position.
- Silver-tone block style hands with original mint green lume.
- Long red-tone centre seconds hand with
- French-made movement.
- Lorsa P75A caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Manual wind.
- Date wheel.
- Antichoc 102 shockproof.
- Satin brushed finishing of plates, bridges and wheels.
- Polished screws.
- Testing duration: 2 week cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 20-40 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New nylon strap.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.