This 1970’s Memostar Alarm watch is any gentleman’s dream. The dark blue and silver tones of the case, dial and strap give this timepiece an air of intrigue… and just a little bit of devil-may-care attitude… The single pop of colour – the bright red alarm arrow on the dial – is initially what catches the eye, but after a glance could you really tear them away? The dynamic design of this watch – cool striped blue gamma with contrasting off-yellow and lume indexes, combined with the 70’s style tonneau shaped case, really gives this piece a rare edge to it that none could fail to notice.
Alarm function with special dual-part membrane caseback for a better, louder alarm sound. The 36 mm chrome plated case is an unusual shape – though originally very popular in the 70’s, this is now a sought after retro style, and in great rare condition to boot. The unusually shaped dial is rectangular with very rounded edges, while its dark blue and white pinstripe design gives it an extra flair, the simple lume indices and hands designed so as not to draw to much attention from the overall splendour of this watch. Alarm hand is orange for contract reading.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 12-month warranty on the accurate functioning of the mechanism, as long as usage and care guidelines are followed correctly. Comes with a genuine leather blue-green 18mm strap.
Case and Strap
- Tonneau shaped case.
- Brass with chrome plating.
- Specially shaped acrylic glass.
- Stainless steel screw caseback with engraved instructions.
- Pin-equipped caseback for better alarm sound.
- Chrome-plated crowns with pull-out function.
- Blue-green strap with a bright stitch.
- Width w/0 crown 36.2 mm.
- Width w/ crown 39.5 mm.
- Height 41.5 mm.
- Strap width 18 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original dark blue metal dial.
- Lume indices 3, 6, 9, 12.
- “Memostar Alarm” signature below 12.
- Small seconds indices around outer edge.
- Rectangular date window.
- Original steel silver-tone lume hour, minute and seconds hands.
- Swiss-made movement.
- AS 1931 calibre.
- 17 jewels.
- Power reserve more than 35 hours.
- Satin finished plates and bridges.
- Steel wheels with sunburst pattern.
- Mirror-finished screws.
- Testing duration: 1 week cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 15-30 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- 18mm blue-green genuine leather strap.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.