This NOS new-old-stock Pirofa diver is an unusual and attractive model – as of yet still unworn. A large, 39mm size timepiece from the 70’s, it still has its original strap and brand price tag. The case is a great, retro cushion shape with a full steel body, and while it has some traces of its 50+ years in storage and handling, it has barely been worn since its creation in the 1970s.
This watch is also richly equipped for diving. It features an ALL STAINLESS STEEL case with a metal rotating bezel, it is waterproof to 100 metres, and has a shockproof automatic French movement with a calendar and an antimagnetic hairspring. It also has a very rare screw-down waterproof crown, that despite being widely used by many manufactories today, is a rare feature for a watch from the 1970’s.
All seals have been carefully greased, and the watch has also passed a 3 ATM waterproof test! The movement runs like new, with a perfect performance of within 10-15 sec/day
This watch comes with two straps – a new mesh stainless steel bracelet and original old polymer strap. Both are well wearable and looking great.
Pirofa is an upper-mid class quality French brand. The name Pirofa was formed from the names of the company founders, Pierre and Robert Fontaine.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. Comes with an unusual, original soft plastic waterproof strap, although an alternative modern strap is provided as well.
Case and Strap
- Original, circular case with metal rotating bezel.
- Stainless steel.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel screw caseback.
- Screw down waterproof crown.
- 3 ATM waterproof.
- Original, unusual waterproof strap.
- Extra stainless steel mesh bracelet in set.
- Width w/o crown 39 mm.
- Width w/ crown 43 mm.
- Full height 40 mm.
- Thickness 13 mm.
- Strap width 20 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, chocolate brown dial.
- Applied indices with white accents.
- White seconds markers.
- “Pirofa” signature below 12.
- Rectangular date window with white border above numeral 3 position.
- Dark-toned ‘block’ style hands with white lume.
- Long white centre seconds hand.
- French-made movement.
- FE 4611 (Cupillard) caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Polished plates, bridges, wheels and screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 10-15 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Choice between an original or new strap.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.