Vintage early 1970’s ROTARY wristwatch with solid steel bracelet and casing. This timepiece is a great look – not too big, but sturdy and beefy with its ‘Tank Track’ design. It resembles the early Royal Oak by Audemars Piguet, a very popular style today. The watch is in near-perfect condition, featuring a silver-chocolate gradient dial, applied indexes, and a date window at 3. The Stainless steel case and caseback are sturdy and in great condition – plus a good size at 34 mm – and the acrylic pan-shaped crystal adds to the interesting vintage look. The watch houses a manual shockproof movement with a 40+ hours power reserve, Swiss Made by the famous Adolf Schild factory. All original, in unpolished condition.
Rotary Watches Ltd. was founded in 1895 in the Swiss town of La Chaux de Fonds, by Moise Dreyfuss, and still owned by the Dreyfuss Group to this day. The company worked to uphold certain values in their workmanship, of always paying attention to detail, and special attention to customers. Due to this, the company grew quickly, and in 1925 the famous winged Rotary logo was introduced.
Rotary continues to be a successful watch manufactory, consistently working to improve and to succeed. Their style aims to blend the ‘old with the new’, and the ‘contemporary with the classic’, to create distinctive and timeless timepieces.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with an 18-18.5 cm wrist size stainless steel bracelet.
Case and Strap
- ‘Tank Track’ designed case.
- Solid stainless steel case body.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel screw caseback.
- Original solid stainless steel bracelet.
- Width w/o crown 34 mm.
- Width w/ crown 37 mm.
- Full height 46 mm.
- Thickness 10.4 mm.
- Bracelet size for ~18-18.5 cm wrist
Dial and Hands
- Original chocolate-silver gradient dial.
- Applied silver indexes.
- “Rotary” signature with winged logo below numeral 12 position.
- Date window at 3.
- Thick ‘Baton’ style silver-tone hands.
- Long silver-tone centre seconds hand.
- Swiss-made movement.
- AS 1950/51 caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Manual wind.
- Satin-brushed plates and bridges.
- Polished screws.
- Testing duration: 1 weeks cyclic test
- Average timekeeping range: 15-30 sec/day
- Power reserve: 40+ hours
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Solid steel bracelet.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.