Swiss-made 1950’s Mulco calendar watch with rare triple calendar feature in overall great condition, and pointer hand with day-month apertures. There are days and months setting buttons on the case side. The gold-plated case is simple, yet stylish with speedy lugs. The beautiful, intricate dial is original and unrestored, while the rare Adolf Schild AS 1380 calibre with triple calendar complication is in great condition, perfectly working after a full servicing in our workshop.
Watches with these features are very popular, and similar timepieces from Patek Phillipe and Rolex are highly sought after. See below some top brand examples of this highly appreciated design with day-month windows and date crescent moon pointer hand.
The Mulco brand, based in Bern, was registered for the first time at the ‘Federal Institute for Intellectual Property’ on February 26, 1936. During a trade fair in Basel in 1949, the company presented over one hundred watch models in its sales catalogue. In the 50’s and 60’s, Mulco Watch Factory SA also used movements from FHF, AS, Valjoux and ETA for their model series.
The Mulco brand is still registered in Switzerland today, and has been part of the Watch Design International CA since 2007 .
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 12-month guarantee on the accurate functioning of the mechanism, as long as usage and care guidelines are followed correctly. The watch comes with a high-quality genuine soft brown leather strap.
Case and Strap
- Circular case.
- Calendar setting buttons.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel snap caseback.
- Gold-plated crown.
- Black genuine leather strap with dark brown detail.
- Width w/o crown 32 mm.
- Width w/crown 33.5 mm.
- Height 39 mm.
- Strap width 16 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original cream dial.
- Thin, Arabic numerals 2, 4, 6, 8, 12.
- Tapered indices in between each numeral.
- Date numerals 1-31 around outer edge of dial.
- “Mulco” signature on centre of dial.
- Week-day window and month window under numeral 12.
- Bronze-tone ‘leaf’ style hands.
- Long thin seconds hand.
- Date hand with red crescent moon tip.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Adolf Schild AS 1380 calibre with triple calendar complication.
- 17 jewels.
- Date, Day and Month calendar functions.
- Perlage finishing inside the caseback.
- Mirror polished screws.
- Sunburst wheels pattern.
- Satin finished plates and bridges.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 20-45 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order – has passed preventative maintenance and testing.
- High-quality black genuine leather strap.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.
Links and Resources:
How it Works Video on Instagram (coming soon).