This digi-mech is far from the sort of watch that you’re used to seeing! It comes from the 70’s ‘electronic/digital’ era, when classical mechanical brands were competing with electronic watches and developing these kind of mechanical timepieces with digital display complications. Fun fact – 99% of those advanced electronic digital watches are now dead and non-repairable, due to the degradation of the integrated electronic components. However, the horological digi-mech creations are still alive and running, and with regular servicing will continue to do so for 100+ years.
This particular watch is based on a relatively expensive German PUW 1560D movement, and is the most mature type of digital indication – with an instant jumping hours numeral disc. With its remarkable size and unusual shape, this timepiece really is a special item, fully ready for daily wear on your wrist.
NOTE: It is strictly recommended that you do not move the hour discs backwards, and only move them forwards to avoid any maladjustment of the jump-hour springs.
The MYON France watch brand was very much driven by horological design innovations in the 1960’s-1970’s. Good quality watches with Made in France movements, and many ultra-modern chronograph and digital-mechanical designs can still be found.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a new genuine leather black strap with yellow thread detail.
Case and Strap
- Original, 70’s tonneau style case.
- Chrome plated.
- Acrylic glass.
- Stainless steel screw caseback.
- Black leather strap.
- Width w/o crown 37.5 mm.
- Width w/ crown 39.5 mm.
- Full height 34 mm.
- Thickness 12.5 mm.
- Strap width 23 mm
Dial and Hands
- Original, silvery cream-tone dial.
- Crescent overlapping digital display second, minute and jumping hour.
- “MYON” signature.
- “Digital Automatic” signature.
- German-made movement.
- PUW 1560D caliber.
- 25 jewels.
- Instant jumping hours digital indication.
- Finely satin-brushed plates and bridges.
- Polished wheels and screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 15-40 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New, high-quality black genuine leather strap with yellow thread detail.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.