Large wrist chronograph of the classic 1940-50’s design with manual winding. The original dial is in excellent condition, with original hands. The rose gold plated case has combat abrasions that emphasise its age.
A chronograph is a sophisticated watch with a stopwatch function. In the chronograph, the buttons perform a start-stop and reset of the central second hand and the minute counter-register, while the movement runs and shows the main time without stopping. This chronograph is also of the summing type, meaning that it can be turned on and off several times and add up the time intervals in one measurement.
How the chronograph operates:
– Upper button: starts the stopwatch.
– Bottom button: Stops the stopwatch, a second press resets it.
The old radium phosphor on the arrows and numerals has been replaced with a safe lume, which still glows perfectly in the dark and with zero radiation.
The Swiss company LE PHARE (French – “lighthouse”) is a well-known manufacturer of complex watch movements with additional functions (calendars, chronographs, repeaters, and their combinations), the company was the first in the world to develop a technology for the production of repeaters with interchangeable parts of the movement …
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 6-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a black, genuine leather strap.
Body: (8/10 good).
Watch face: (9/10 near perfect).
Movement: (9/10 near perfect).
Accuracy: (9/10 near perfect).
Case and Strap
- Original classic style case.
- Rose gold plating.
- Slightly convex acrylic glass.
- Stainless steel crew-down caseback.
- Large crown and round chronograph buttons.
- Back signed “Stainless steel back – Shock Protected – Antimagentic – Waterproof – Swiss made”.
- New, high-quality genuine leather strap.
- Width w/o crown 36.5 mm.
- Width w/o crown 39 mm.
- Height 44 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original gold dial.
- Arabic numerals with lume.
- Applied indices.
- “LE PHARE – 17 Rubis – Antimagentic – Swiss” signature.
- Original, dark blue ‘pencil’ style hour and minute hands with lume.
- Long, thin centre second hand.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Landeron escapement 51 caliber.
- 2-button chronograph.
- 17 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Incabloc shockproof.
- Levers, plates and bridges in Satin finish.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New, genuine leather strap.
- 6-month guarantee, spare parts are available.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.