Tastefully minimal, this gold plated Longines ‘Presence’ is a super smart piece. The case is gold plated, with the stainless steel caseback, and sports a matching gold brushed dial with applied gold indices. At an incredibly thin 5.6mm, this watch is an ideal dress watch and fits very comfortably over the average wrist.
The Longines watch company was founded in 1832 by watchmaker Auguste Agassiz, and his two partners, Henri Raiguel and Florian Morel. Initially, the original name of the company was Raiguel Jeune & Cie. However, by 1846, Raigeul and Morel had retired from the watch industry, leaving Agassiz as the sole head of the company.
The name ‘Longines’ comes from a famous pocket watch model created in 1867 by a later head of the company, Ernest Francillon, who had established a manufactory outside the village of Saint-Imier in the meadows of the district Langgewann (Les Longines). This model became so popular that the company began to experience problems with counterfeiting, and so in 1889 the trademark name of ‘Longines’ was registered, making this company the oldest registered watch manufacturer in the world.
The success of Longines has a long history. They have developed highly regarded reputations in equestrian sports such as horse racing, due to their creation of the 20H ‘mono-pusher’ chronograph 1878, which enabled the creation of precise stopwatches suitable for timing professional events.
In the 1940’s, Longines actively collaborated with both UK and US allies, as well as with the Wehrmacht, supplying watches to all warring parties. Many military style watches from the company can be found. In 1945 Longines brought the first watch with automatic winding to market, and in 1952 they were the official timekeeper of the Olympic Winter Games in Oslo.
Today, Longines continues to thrive just as successfully as ever before, and along with Omega and Tissot, is one of the largest brands inside the Swatch Group.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. Make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- Original, classic gold plated case.
- Gold plated winding crown.
- Stainless steel snap off caseback.
- New sapphire crystal.
- New 18mm brown leather strap.
- Width w/ crown: 34.6mm
- Width w/o crown: 32.5mm
- Height: 36.5mm
- Thickness: 5.6mm
- Strap: 18mm
Dial and Hands
- Brushed gold plated dial.
- Thin and delicate applied gold indices.
- Stick style black hour and minute hands.
- Gold tone needle style seconds hand.
- Date indicator at 3 position.
- ‘Longines’ signature and logo below 12 position.
- Quartz movement, new battery.
- Swiss ETA E63111 calibre.
- 8 jewels.
- Testing duration: 1 week cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 1 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Mechanics in full working order, works as new.
- Care and usage guidelines.