This vintage 1964 TISSOT jumbo-looking dress watch is the perfect size for the wrist. It features a simple and attractive silver-white crosshair dial with thin indexes – producing a delicate play of the metal surfaces and dial finishing. The timepiece also features an applied T logo at 12, with thin ‘baton’ style gold hands, giving the watch a simple yet highly classy feel.
According to the movement serial number, the production year is clearly 1964. Vintage Tissot watches have been rising in price in recent years, and it is not easy to find a well preserved original 60’s Tissot in today’s market – so snatch this one up while you still can!
Tissot SA is a Swiss luxury watch brand, founded in Le Locle, Switzerland by Charles-Félicien Tissot and his son, Charles-Émile Tissot, in 1853. In 1858 Charles-Emile Tissot travelled to Russia, where he succeeded in selling and popularising the company’s Savonette Pocket Watches across the Russian Empire. In 2021, Tissot SA is marketing the Le Locle Powermatic 80, which has a watch face designed to mimic the clock tower in its founding city of Le Locle.
Tissot merged with watch company Omega SA in 1930, forming SSIH (Société Suisse pour l’Industrie Horlogère), and Tissot-Omega watches from this era are much sought after by collectors. Tissot is an official timekeeper for the world championships in cycling, motorcycling, fencing and ice hockey, and was also a sponsor for the Formula One car-racing teams Lotus, Renault, and Sauber.
Tissot watches have been worn by the likes of Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, Grace Kelly, Elvis Presley and Nelson Mandela.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- Circular style case with small lugs.
- Gold-plated case body.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel snap caseback.
- New brown alligator style genuine leather strap.
- Width w/o crown 36 mm.
- Width w/ crown 37.13 mm.
- Full height 43.34 mm.
- Thickness 8.57 mm.
- Strap width 18 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original white crosshair metallic style dial.
- Thin black indexes.
- Applied “T” logo at numeral 12 position.
- Thin ‘Baton’ style gold-tone hands.
- Long gold-tone centre seconds hand.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Tissot 781 caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Signed and numbered on the bridge.
- Satin-brushed wheels, plates and bridges.
- Polished screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test
- Average timekeeping range: 15-30 sec/day
- Power reserve: 36+ hours
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New genuine leather strap with hypoallergenic lining.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.
Links and Resources:
Other TISSOT Timepieces in Our Collection.