This 1970’s Sokado is a cool, stylish diver/racer combo with a very rare countdown type bezel, all in virtually new condition! The Japanese name Sokado is surrounded by intrigue – nothing can be discovered about the lost firm, but what we do know is that they made a lot of high-quality diver’s watches with manual French movements during the 1970’s.
Diver/ racer combo watch. Rare black countdown type bezel with silver/white markings. The colour combinations of this timepiece are what really makes it stand out. The thick lume on the numerals and hands draw them out from the dial, while the black and white checkered pattern around the outer edge makes the watch eye catching without too many clashing colours. Although the pop of colour from the red small seconds hand is an interesting addition. The strap is what completes the look of the watch. The James Bond nylon NATO strap with corresponding maroon, black, and green tones gives the whole timepiece a unique and edgy aesthetic.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a high-quality style nylon strap.
Case and Strap
- Original, circular case.
- Rare, countdown type bezel.
- Chrome plated.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Screw, stainless steel caseback.
- Water-resistant crown.
- Not water-resistance tested.
- James Bond style nylon NATO strap with corresponding tones.
- Width w/o crown 36.2 mm.
- Width w/crown 40.2 mm.
- Height 43 mm.
- Strap width 19/20 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original black metal dial.
- Digital style, thick lumed Arabic numerals 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
- “Sokado” signature under numeral 12.
- Small seconds display.
- Rectangular date window at 3 with white border.
- Block style, dark grey lumed hour and minute hands.
- Small red seconds hand.
- French-made movement from the France Ebauche factory.
- 15 jewels.
- Sub second.
- Calendar date window.
- Satin-brushed plates, bridges, and wheels.
- Polished screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 10-30 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order – has passed preventative maintenance and testing.
- 19/20 mm nylon strap.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.