A small, comfortable watch from the famous Swiss manufacturer Omega. The one-piece, solid steel body looks perfect after polishing.
Note the dial with a rare combination of Roman numerals and phosphor. The old radium phosphor had blackened and faded, and so new luminous phosphor was applied without radiation later on.
Also interesting is the technical design of the movement – the “tonneau” shape (“tanno”, barrel) of the in-house Omega caliber with manual winding, is housed in a rounded case. The mechanics are in perfect condition, everything runs well, and the watch ticks loudly and counts the time correctly. According to the Omega movement serial number catalogue, the serial number corresponds to production year 1944.
The size of the case is small (diameter 31.5 mm) and would suit both men’s and women’s formal attire. The timepiece looks even better and more interesting in person than it does in the images.
Omega SA is a Swiss luxury watchmaker, currently a subsidiary of the Swiss Swatch Group, originally founded by Louis Brandt in 1903 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The company was initially called Louis Brandt et Frére – Omega Watch & Co, but this was shortened in 1982 to Omega SA.
Omega has experienced much success during their existence. They were chosen to be the official timekeeper for Britain’s Royal Flying Corps combat units in 1917, and then again for the USA Army in 1918. They were the official choice of NASA, and the first watch on the moon in 1969 for the Apollo 11 mission. The list goes on and on… Omega has been the official timekeeper for the Olympic games since 1932, has been worn in all the James Bond films since 1995; other patrons of the company have included Buzz Aldrin, Elvis Presley, and John F. Kennedy.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 6-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a new, high-quality genuine black leather wrist strap
Body: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Watch face: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Mechanism: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Accuracy: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Case and Strap
- Original, rounded case.
- Solid stainless steel.
- Convex, antique mineral crystal.
- Screw down caseback with moisture-proof seal (Gasket is an old original made of lead).
- Original, large crown with seal.
- Omega brand label and model number 2300/5 on inside of the caseback.
- Width w/o crown 31.5 mm.
- Width w/ crown 33.5 mm.
- Height (with lugs) 38 mm.
- Strap width 16 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, beige metal dial.
- Thick Roman numerals (phosphor filled).
- “Omega” signature and emblem below 12.
- Small seconds subdial.
- Blued steel, ‘modern’ style hour and minute hands with lume phosphor.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Rare Omega R17.8SC caliber.
- 17 ruby jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Power reserve 40-45 hours.
- Bridge with Omega signature and serial number.
- Rose gold plates and bridges.
- Wheels with ray-precision grinding.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- 16mm genuine leather strap.
- 6-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.