High-quality, elegant men’s pocket watch, pre-revolutionary production, circa 1890 – 1900. The cupronickel case shines beautifully and the dial, case, and movement are all signed with a stamp. This is a classic, 100-year-old pocket watch with a high-quality movement. Due to its near perfect condition, the watch looks impressively like new.
About the Brand
Hy Moser & Cie was founded in 1826 by Johann Heinrich Moser. Moser’s factory produced a wide range of pocket watches for both men and women in a large variety of different types and styles, which became so popular that the company began to have a consistent problem with counterfeits. In 1868, Moser, together with the American Florentino-Ariosto Jones, created a new watch company called the ‘International Watch Company’, which became a pioneer of the industrial production of watches in Switzerland. The Hy Moser & Cie factory was revived in Schaffhausen, Switzerland in 2005. It produces interesting luxury watches with special functions. Remarkably, the designs from the original samples of vintage Moser movements are echoed in the basic style and shape of the movements produced today.
More information about the Swiss brand Hy Moser & Cie can be found here.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. Make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines to ensure that the pocket watch remains in top condition.
Body: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (8/10 good)
Watch face: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Mechanism: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (8/10 good)
Accuracy: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Case and Strap
- Original, circular case.
- Watch grade “Qualite Lepine” signature, serial numbers, Henry Moser factory trademarks engraved on lid.
- Front convex, original natural mineral crystal.
- Two back covers with stamps and inscriptions.
- Original onion shaped cupronickel crown.
- Diameter w/o crown 49 mm.
- Ring height 68 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original white enamel dial.
- Black Arabic numerals.
- Small seconds display.
- Gilded ‘spade’ style hour and minute hands.
- Small second hand.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Moser factory calibre (stamped with coat of arms).
- 15 ruby jewels.
- Isochronous spiral with Breguet curl.
- Nickel silver plates and bridges with Geneva stripes.
- Radially brushed wheels.
- Mirror polished steel elements.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly.
- Mechanics in full working order – has passed preventative maintenance and testing.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.