Antique OMEGA pocket watch with its original white enamel dial, and an interesting monogram on the caseback – click here to learn how to read pocket watch monograms. The dial is a lovely white, offset by the blued steel of the hands. The movement number is 7936067 which, according to the Omega serial number catalogue, puts the production date from 1929 to about 1934. The nickel case is in prime condition and houses a robust Omega movement.
About Omega SA
Omega SA is a Swiss luxury watchmaker, currently a subsidiary of the Swiss Swatch Group, originally founded by Louis Brandt in 1903 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The company was initially called Louis Brandt et Frére – Omega Watch & Co, but this was shortened in 1982 to Omega SA.
Omega has experienced much success since their establishment. They were chosen to be the official timekeeper for Britain’s Royal Flying Corps combat units in 1917, and then again for the USA Army in 1918. They were the official choice of NASA, and the first watch on the moon in 1969 for the Apollo 11 mission. The list goes on and on… Omega has been the official timekeeper for the Olympic games since 1932, has been worn in all the James Bond films since 1995; other patrons of the company have included Buzz Aldrin, Elvis Presley, and John F. Kennedy.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines.
- Original, circular case with nicely rounded edges.
- Nickel case body.
- Mineral crystal.
- Nickel flip-down caseback with two letter monogram.
- Vintage style, ‘onion’ shaped crown set in ring.
- Width w/o crown 47 mm.
- Width w/ crown 57 mm.
- Full height with ring 61.5 mm.
- Thickness 12.7 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original white enamel dial.
- Elegant black cursive style Arabic numerals.
- “Omega” signature with emblem below numeral 12 position.
- Small seconds subdial over numeral 6 position.
- Blued steel, Breguet style hands.
- Blued steel small seconds hand with tail.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Omega 40.64.T2.1 caliber.
- 15 jewels.
- Manual wind.
- Geneva wave finishing of plates and bridges.
- Mirror polished wheels and screws.
- Testing duration: 1 week face up.
- Average timekeeping range: 20-45 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.