Alluring and sturdy 1970’s Cernos French diver with a deep ‘wine red’ dial. Catch it in the right light, and you’ll notice that the dark, almost black dial has red highlights dancing around it, giving the effect of a bold and full-bodied red wine. The case is unusual, an octagonal cushion case that makes the watch look and feel incredibly sturdy. At 40mm width it is far more wearable than more modern divers, and can be paired with a variety of outfits. The indices are applied mirror polish steel, each have a strip of lume to match the diamond style hands, which glow brightly. There is a date indicator sitting at the 3 position with a crisp white colour allowing for maximum legibility. The bezel is faded, leaving only a ghostly dive time indicator that is still legible but not as bold as it was when it left the factory. As with all of our watches, this Cernos comes fully serviced with 12 month guarantee, but everything else is left original!
Case and Strap
- Original, octagonal cushion case in stainless steel.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel screw-down caseback.
- Stainless steel winding crown.
- 18mm suede leather strap.
- Width w/o crown 40mm
- Width w/crown 41.5mm
- Height 43mm
- Thickness 13.3mm
- Strap width 18mm
Dial and Hands
- Original, wine red metallic dial.
- Applied indices with lume.
- “Cernos” signature below 12 position.
- Date window over 3 position,
- Silver-tone, ‘block’ style hands with lume.
- Long, silver-tone centre seconds hand.
- French-made movement.
- Lorsa P75A caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Manual wind.
- Date wheel.
- Antichoc 102 shockproof.
- Satin brushed finishing of plates, bridges and wheels.
- Polished screws.
- Testing duration: 1 week cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 15-40 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.