There is a strong Submariner resemblance in this Swiss Pilot diver, perhaps the most famous and alluring diver around. What this affordable piece has over the Submariner is its wearability. The thin, classic case is relatively small for a diving watch and is just large enough to be readable without getting snagged on your cuffs. Another interesting feature to note is the cyclops lens over the date complication. Its more expensive kin would have the typical convex bulge of a cyclops lens on its mineral crystal, but the Pilot has a clever workaround with its more easily scratched acrylic case by having the magnifying lens on the inside of the case. This also gives the watch a more flattering silhouette, smoothing out the crystal in profile. The movement runs perfectly, and you’ll notice that the original lume shines as brightly as if it were a fresh coat of paint.
Case and Strap
- Original, Oyster-style steel case, with Submariner style anodized black diving bezel.
- Domed acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel dodecagon screw caseback.
- Crosshatched steel crown.
- Waterproof – 3 ATM tested and passed.
- Top-quality 20mm leather strap.
- Width w/o crown 34.4mm.
- Width w/crown 40mm.
- Height 43.7mm.
- Thickness 10.1mm.
- Strap width 20 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original black dial
- Applied silver-tone indices with lume, numerals for 12, 6 and 9 in their respective positions
- “Pilot” signature below 12 position.
- Date window over 3 position
- Silver-tone, ‘block’ style hands with lume.
- Long, silver-tone centre seconds hand.
- Swiss-made movement.
- FHF 96-4 caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Manual wind.
- Date wheel.
- Shock resistant.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range:15-30 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- 20mm brown leather strap with white thread detail.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.