This Clyda digi-mech is far from the sort of watch that you’re used to seeing, this piece comes from the 70’s ‘electronic/digital’ era, when classical mechanical brands were competing with electronic watches and developing these kind of mechanical timepieces with digital display complications. Fun fact – 99% of those advanced electronic digital watches are now dead and non-repairable, due to the degradation of the integrated electronic components. However, the horological digi-mech creations are still alive and running, and with regular servicing will continue to do so for 100+ years.
This particular watch is based on a calibre Hippolyte Parrenin HP Z175A, and is the most mature type of digital indication – with an instant jumping hours numeral disc. With its remarkable size and unusual shape, this timepiece really is a special item, fully ready for daily wear on your wrist.
NOTE: It is strictly recommended that you do not move the hour discs backwards, and only move them forwards to avoid any maladjustment of the jump-hour springs.
This watch is made in Germany and is powered by the unusual German movement calibre Förster 201. The Bernhard Förster factory has been based in Pforzheim since 1934 with and currently has 400 employees.
CLYDA brand was founded by Otto Schlund (OSCO, Schwenningen), a manufacturer company from Germany. Movements, components and production were in France. The Clyma company still exists today currently however they have gravitated towards producing fashion watches instead.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with an 20mm brown genuine leather strap with white thread detail.
Case and Strap
- Original 70’s tonneau style case.
- Chrome plated case body.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel snap caseback.
- Period correct bracelet with stretching clasp.
- Width w/o crown 33.5 mm.
- Width w/ crown 36.5 mm.
- Full height 39.7 mm.
- Thickness 12.5 mm.
- Strap width 22 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original blue dial.
- White jumping hour window.
- Crescent overlapping digital display with minutes
- Date at 3
- “Clyda” signature with crown logo to the right of the display.
- French-made movement.
- calibre Hippolyte Parrenin HP Z175A
- 17 jewels.
- Manual wind.
- Satin-brushed plates and bridges.
- Polished wheels and screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test
- Average timekeeping range: 20-45 sec/day
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New genuine leather brown strap with white tread detail.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.