This digi-mech is far from the sort of watch that you’re used to seeing! It comes from the 70’s ‘electronic/digital’ era, when classical mechanical brands were competing with electronic watches and developing these kind of mechanical timepieces with digital display complications. Fun fact – 99% of those advanced electronic digital watches are now dead and non-repairable, due to the degradation of the integrated electronic components. However, the horological digi-mech creations are still alive and running, and with regular servicing will continue to do so for 100+ years.
This particular watch is based on a relatively expensive German PUW 1560D movement, and is the most mature type of digital indication – with an instant jumping hours numeral disc. With its remarkable size and unusual shape, this timepiece really is a special item, fully ready for daily wear on your wrist.
NOTE: It is strictly recommended that you do not move the hour discs backwards, and only move them forwards to avoid any maladjustment of the jump-hour springs.
This watch is made in Germany, and utilizes quite a sophisticated PUW (Pforzheimer Uhren-Rohwerke) movement with a high-beat 21600 frequency, instant jumping hours function, and date function. It features a great vintage design, quite distinctive and very popular in today’s market.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with an 20mm brown genuine leather strap with white thread detail.
Case and Strap
- Original 70’s tonneau style case.
- Gold-plated case body.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel snap caseback.
- Brown leather strap.
- Width w/o crown 38.5 mm.
- Width w/ crown 39 mm.
- Full height 41 mm.
- Thickness 12 mm.
- Strap width 20 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original chocolate tone dial.
- Block jumping hour window.
- Crescent overlapping digital display with jumping second and minute.
- “Digital” signature with crown logo to the right of the display.
- German-made movement.
- PUW 560D caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Manual wind.
- Satin-brushed plates and bridges.
- Polished wheels and screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test
- Average timekeeping range: 15-30 sec/day
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New genuine leather brown strap with white tread detail.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.