A timepiece with a history, this 1920’s vintage military watch features the sought after military cushion style case and a ‘RED 12’ dial design, also used in Swiss ‘heritage’ or ‘replica’ models. This one however, is an authentic, original specimen in great condition. Cushion shaped watches of a moderately large size like this one (strap width 22mm) are more rare than round ones, and fit more comfortably on the wrist.
The watch has retained its original enamel dial with the eye-catching red numeral 12 and cathedral hands, on which the old radioactive lume has been replaced with a safe lume compound, authentically aged to correspond to the style and composition of the dial. In near-perfect condition with no visible cracks. You will find the official Swiss Made 0,900 silver hallmark inside the caseback along with the serial number, which matches the one stamped on the case. There is no specific makers mark.
The case houses a high quality Swiss lever movement, reliable and nicely finished in Geneva stripes. As a rule, combat watches were designed to be fairly reliable timepieces in the short term, but were not built to last. However, but this one is of much higher quality than you will usually find, and built to work for years and years. Th wristwatch design is also of a fairly early type, and still built on the principles of pocket watches (no shockproofing or waterproofing), but its quality is remarkably higher than most trench watches you’ll find today.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 6-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a new, khaki green seatbelt NATO style strap.
Case and Strap
- Cushion style case with fixed wire lugs.
- 0,900 silver case body.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Original silver winding crown.
- Silver snap caseback.
- High quality nylon seatbelt NATO strap.
- Width w/o crown 32 mm.
- Width w/ crown 35 mm.
- Full height 40 mm.
- Thickness 10 mm.
- Strap width 19 mm.
- Width diagonally 40.5 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original white enamel dial.
- Military style Arabic numerals with red 12 (re-lumed).
- Seconds subdial over numeral 6.
- Cathedral style hands with lume (re-lumed).
- Swiss-made movement.
- Swiss lever type.
- 11 jewels.
- Manual wind.
- Power reserve 36+ hours.
- Mirror polished wheels and screws.
- Geneva stripes on plates and bridges.
- Testing duration: 1 week cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 30-60 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New seatbelt NATO strap.
- 6-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.