This flashy and fashionable watch combines all that you might want from a good daily wear skin diver on your wrist – its great size and shape make it a comfortable wear, while its excellent quality and perfect original condition make it a highly sought after piece. Not only this, but this timepiece also comes from the well-established EDOX brand, featuring a valuable stainless steel case and an automatic movement.
The smooth and aesthetically pleasing design make this watch the potentially perfect prototype model for a re-issue… So get the authentic original model while you still can!
Montres Edox et Vista SA (EDOX) is a reputable Swiss watchmakers, operating under the Era Watch Company, with 130 years of quality watchmaking under their belt. The company was founded by watchmaker Christian Ruefli-Flury in Biel/Bienne in 1884, and they have successfully remained in continuous production since their foundation. Ruefli-Flury used the ancient Greek word Edox the trademark for the company, designing the “1900” hourglass as a visual symbol for the brand. Robert Kaufman-Hug took over the company when Ruefli-Flury died in 1921, leading the company’s transition from pocket watches to become the first wristwatch-exclusive watchmaker.
By 1955, the company employed 500 people and moved to a new factory. The Delfin line of watches launched in 1961, with industry-first double casebacks for high standards of shock protection, water resistance, and ruggedness. In 1965, Victor Flury-Liechti took over the company from his uncle, and invested in new manufacturing technologies. This led to the 1970 Geoscope timepiece, the first watch covering all time zones.
With the rise of Japanese watches and the Quartz Crisis in the 1970s, the company became an affiliate of the General Watch Company, a sub-holding company of ASUAG. However, at the end of the downturn in the Swiss watch industry in 1983, Edox regained independence when the company was sold to Victor Strambini Montres Vista SA and moved to Les Genevez, Jura Mountains. It has since remained a family-owned company.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a high-quality light brown leathers strap with white thread detail.
Case and Strap
- Original, tonneau shaped case.
- Rotating bezel with misprint.
- Stainless steel case body.
- Acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel screw caseback.
- New, light brown genuine leather strap with white thread detail.
- Width w/o crown 36 mm.
- Width w/ crown 39 mm.
- Full height 41 mm.
- Thickness 13 mm.
- Strap width 19 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original white dial.
- Thick block style indices with thin lume.
- “EDOX ” signature with hourglass emblem below 12 position.
- Rectangular date window over 3 position.
- Original silver-tone block style hands with original lume tip.
- Long thin silver-tone centre seconds hand with diamond shaped tail and lume circle at centre.
- French-made movement.
- FE 4611 caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Date wheel.
- Antichoc 102 shockproof.
- Basic finishing (satin brushed) bridges.
- Polished wheels and screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 10-30 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New light brown genuine leather strap with white thread detail.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.