Stainless steel pocket watch from the famous luxury brand Jaeger-LeCoultre. This vintage stylish, classical design pocket watch. The dial is a lovely cream-tone, offset by the silver of the hands, numeral markers. The production year of the watch can be identified by its serial number, which points to 1946 according to the Jaeger-LeCoultre Serial Number Catalogue. This pocket watch is a beautiful high-grade piece and would be a pleasure to own.
Rare solid stainless steel case – This alloy is hard to machine and solid steel cases were 2-3 times more expensive than chrome plated brass cases during the period that this timepiece was made. The elegant silver hands, coupled with the numerals around the dial in the same timeless design, give a high-class aesthetic to this timepiece – backed up, of course, by the of the famous Jaeger-LeCoultre & Co signature. Nice movement finishing and in great unrestored condition.
About the Brand
Jaeger-LeCoultre & Co. is a Swiss luxury watch and clock manufacturer founded by Antoine LeCoultre in 1833 and is based in Le Sentier, Switzerland. Since 2000, the company has been a fully owned subsidiary of the Swiss luxury group Richemont, and the company is highly considered to be a top-tier Richemont brand. Jaeger-LeCoultre has hundreds of inventions, patents and over one thousand movements to its name, including the world’s smallest movement, one of the world’s most complicated wristwatches (Grande Complication), and a timepiece of near-perpetual movement (the Atmos clock). To this day, Jaeger-LeCoultre & Co are held in extremely high regard by any watchmaker or collector, and still continue to make incredibly interesting and complex creations.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop, the process is seen on photos. We provide a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- Large, circular pocket watch case with rounded edges.
- Rare, solid stainless steel case.
- Original mineral crystal.
- Snap on caseback type.
- Classic vintage ‘onion’ style crown.
- Width w/o crown 49.5 mm.
- Width w/ crown 59.4 mm.
- Ring height 65.5 mm.
- Thickness 12 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original matte metal dial with pearlescent lacquer.
- Classic style silver-tone numerals in slab font 3, 9, 12.
- Applied silver-tone tapered numeral markers.
- “JAEGER-LECOULTRE” signature, slab font, underlined.
- Small seconds subdial with typical circular pattern finishing.
- Silver-tone ‘sword’ style hands.
- Small seconds hand with tail.
- Swiss-made movement.
- JLC 467/2 calibre.
- 15 jewels.
- Sand gilt finished plates and bridges.
- Mirror polished screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks, face up.
- Average timekeeping range: 15-30 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order – has passed preventative maintenance and testing.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.
Links and Resources: