A beautiful pocket watch dating from the 1960’s to the 1970’s, with a traditional Swiss farm theme of cows and shepherds. Perfect movement with a Unitas caliber and shockproof device (new versions of Unitas are used in many modern Swiss watches of the PANERAI class). The back cover depicts a peaceful milking scene with cows. The authentic enamel dial is a rare feature in 1960’s watches. This piece is in perfect technical condition, is very comfortable to carry in your pocket, and would make a bright, memorable gift.
This watch is working and ready to wear, a new chain is available and can be fitted with it.
About the Royce Brand
S. Kocher, founded in Granges in 1918, was the parent company of the Royce and Eska watch brands in the 1970’s. These two brands came together as sister brands in the 1970’s and 1980’s, with Royce becoming a sporting brand while Eska focused on the high end. Eska is also well known for its Fifty Fathoms diving watch for Blancpain.
Royce simply advertised as “Royce Switzerland Grenchen” or “Royce Swiss” with the dial featuring just the “Royce” name, and a stylised crown as the company’s logo. They were a mass-market brand, emphasising style and value as much as performance, but they did offer fully-jewelled movements as well. The Royce brand was eventually discontinued in the 1980’s.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch can be fitted with a chain.
- Original, rounded case with cow scene engraving on front and ridged finishing on sides.
- Nickel case
- Mineral crystal.
- Flip-down caseback.
- Vintage style nickel crown with centre button.
- Width 52.5 mm.
- Height 70.5 mm.
- Thickness 15.8 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, white enamel dial with cows and blue and pink floral decorations.
- Graceful, statement Roman numerals.
- “Royce” signature below numeral 12 position, just above cow and shepherd scene.
- Small seconds subdial over numeral 6 position.
- Gold-tone, Louis XVI style hour and minute hands.
- Gold-tone small seconds hand with tail.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Unitas 6431/6445 caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Satin-brushed bridges and wheels.
- Polished screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 10-30 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Optional chain.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.