Special railway UNICHRON pocket watch with full minute-by-minute markings and railway symbols. Bas-relief with a steam locomotive on the back cover, excellent mechanical integrity and perfect running accuracy. In the old catalogue it is listed as a precise and accurate railroad watch, which, from an appraisal of this item, I can confirm to be completely true. The movement is of a perfect Swiss design with shockproof device, reliable and precise, it works like new.
About the Brand
The Swiss company Wakmann was founded in 1946 by Icko Wakmann in New York. Shortly afterwards Wakmann was appointed as the official producer and deliverer for the U.S. Military during WWII, a testament to the high quality of Wakmann watches. In 1947, Wakmann Watch Company was officially listed in the U.S. Stock Exchange, causing the brand to receive greater public approval, then in October of 1947, Breitling Watch Corporation was formed in New York. This was a joint venture between Wakmann Watch Company and the renowned Swiss aviation timepiece manufacturer Breitling Watch Company. Wakmann was still closely associated with the company Breitling in the 1960’s, which can be confirmed in many catalogue references.
Now, in the 21st century, Wakmann Watch continues to provide modern, practical and durable wrist watches for both men and women. They continue to make new and interesting creations, including pioneering the advanced Swiss night reading technology and integrated self-powered micro gas lights onto watch dials and hands.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. The movement works like new, and is precise and reliable. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines.
Body: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Watch face: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Mechanics: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Accuracy: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (10/10 like new)
Case and Strap
- Large, circular case with widely rounded sides.
- Nickel with chrome plating.
- Original crystal with bevel.
- Caseback with bas-relief steam locomotive.
- ‘Onion’ shaped crown situated in ring base.
- Knurled front welt and screw cap.
- Diameter 51.1 mm.
- Ring height 70 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Metal cream/beige-tone dial.
- Black Arabic numerals and full digital 1-60 minute markings.
- “Unichron Wakmann – 17 jewels – Swiss Made” signature.
- Mirror polished black hands – excellent readability.
- Small seconds display.
- Swiss-made movement.
- 17 ruby jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Shock-proofing device.
- Power reserve of about 36 hours.
- High-quality balance assembly with adjustment screws.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order – has passed preventative maintenance and testing.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.