This early OMEGA ‘Marine 1932’ waterproof watch is a highly collectible item, the first diver’s watch to be produced by Omega in 1932. The watch is all original, in unrestored vintage condition and features a patented double case with an inner part isolated by the outer shell and back clasp lock; an original dial, hands, crown and crystal; and an unpolished/unrestored stainless steel case. However, though all original and in unrestored condition, this timepiece has been fitted with new original balance staff, and has been fully serviced, oiled and adjusted, meaning that it still has perfect timekeeping.
Omega SA is a Swiss luxury watchmaker, currently a subsidiary of the Swiss Swatch Group, originally founded by Louis Brandt in 1903 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The company was initially called Louis Brandt et Frére – Omega Watch & Co, but this was shortened in 1982 to Omega SA.
Omega has experienced much success during their existence. They were chosen to be the official timekeeper for Britain’s Royal Flying Corps combat units in 1917, and then again for the USA Army in 1918. They were the official choice of NASA, and the first watch on the moon in 1969 for the Apollo 11 mission. The list goes on and on… Omega has been the official timekeeper for the Olympic games since 1932, has been worn in all the James Bond films since 1995; other patrons of the company have included Buzz Aldrin, Elvis Presley, and John F. Kennedy.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. Make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- Original patented double case in unusual rectangular design with interestingly shaped lugs.
- Unpolished stainless steel.
- Original bevelled glass crystal.
- Stainless steel caseback with clasp.
- Brown, snakeskin style genuine leather strap.
Dial and Hands
- Original, square dial with aged vintage colour tint.
- Black, military style Arabic numerals.
- “OMEGA” signature with emblem just below numeral 12.
- Original, dark purple ‘modern style hands.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Omega 18.4.T1 caliber.
- 15 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Signed “OMEGA”.
- New fitted balance staff.
- Satin-brushed wheels.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Brown, genuine leather snakeskin style strap.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.