Large, bold, vintage 1970’s French diving watch an eye catching blue and silver checker flag pattern on the bezel. This fantastic watch looks almost like new, and features an interesting blocky hours and minute hand along with a red arrow seconds hand, and date window all of which evokes the look of a racing car’s dashboard. The piece also features a thick screw caseback with an aqualung man emblem denoting that the watch is waterproof, and has passed a 3ATM pressure test. This vintage timepiece still works perfectly despite its age, and with its remarkable size and fun colours it really does make for the perfect vintage diver.
Selhor watchmaking company was founded in Eastern France, in 1947 by Charles Callier. The company has changed names a number of times over the years, known at one time as the Spinelli Workshop, and then later as the Maison Callier. The company was well-known for their successful diving watches, and was a strong competitor of companies such as Lip and Yema. The movements used were of French origin, although movements for high-quality models were sourced from Switzerland or Germany.
During the 1970’s Selhor disappeared from the watchmaking scene in France, and only recently has it resurfaced. Today, Selhor continues to create their classic dive and chronograph watch models, still striving upholding the value of French heritage tool watches.
Case and Strap
- Original, cushion style case with a rally style aluminium bezel.
- Chrome plated case.
- Top hat acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel screw caseback with aqua diver emblem.
- Waterproof – 3 ATM tested and passed.
- Brand new thick, top-quality leather rally strap.
- Width w/o crown 38.5 mm.
- Width w/crown 41.5 mm.
- Height 42.5 mm.
- Thickness 13.3 mm.
- Strap width 20 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, sunburst black dial.
- Painted lume blocks.
- “Selhor” signature below 12 position.
- Date window over 3 position,
- Red, ‘block’ style hands with lume.
- Long, red arrow-style seconds hand.
- French-made movement.
- Lorsa P75A caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Manual wind.
- Date wheel.
- Antichoc 102 shockproof.
- Satin brushed finishing of plates, bridges and wheels.
- Polished screws.
- Testing duration: 1 week cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 15-40 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.