As this watch has never been worn, it is in pristine condition. So pristine, in fact, that there is still a protective film seal on the caseback. The dial, hands, case and bracelet are all in perfect working order and virtually flawless. No servicing was needed because of this. There are minor traces of storing and handling marks on the bracelet and case, and there is a tiny scratches on the crystal near the 1 position, but these are almost imperceptible. Features a date function at the 3 position and a cool slightly tapered bracelet with a signed micro-adjustment clasp.
Citizen is, strictly speaking, an electronics company, but they are best known as a watch manufacturer. The company was founded in 1930 by Japanese and Swiss investors. Among some of Citizen’s personal achievements in watchmaking are; the development of radio-controlled atomic watches that could be synchronised to an atomic clock that was accurate to within one second in one hundred thousand years, a three pronged quartz movement that claimed to be accurate within +/- 10 seconds a year and had a sweeping seconds hand, and the Eco-Drive watches that ran on solar power with a supplementary quartz movement.
Case and Strap
- Stainless steel case
- Stainless steel winding crown
- Screw-down steel caseback with film seal
- Mirror polish steel bezel
- Tapered integrated bracelet
- Width w/ crown: 36mm
- Width w/o crown: 34.2mm
- Thickness: 15mm
- Full height: 38mm
- Clasp size: 15mm
Dial and Hands
- Navy blue matte dial
- Thin mirror polish steel indices
- White minute markers
- Mirror polish needle style hands
- Date indicator at 3 position
- ‘Citizen’ signature below 12 position
- ‘Crystron’ signature and logo above 6 position
- Citizen 7312A
- 5 jewels
- High-frequency quartz controlled
- Testing duration: 1 week cyclic test
- Average timekeeping range: less than 1 sec a day
Servicing and Guarantee
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Original connected stainless steel strap.
- Care and usage guidelines.