Men’s pocket watch with a cruiser design on the hinged lid, from the famous Swiss company Ulysse Nardin. Thanks to its remarkable preservation, it will serve as a reliable, high-precision chronometer. All the details are original; the mechanism, the case, and the dial are all signed. The bas-relief of the cruiser emerging from the fog is especially beautiful.
The pocket watch case is silver with a front opening cover, and an intriguing cruiser ship design on the front. The front cover opens when the crown is pressed, and the two rear covers are hinged. It holds the company’s legendary signature Ulysse Nardin caliber with 15 jewels. Ideal integrity, periodically maintained; this movement will quietly function for another hundred years. The watch is flat, which is convenient for keeping in the pocket. It fits nicely in the hand and looks solid.
About the Brand
Ulysse Nardin was founded in 1846 in the Swiss province of Le Locle, by the talented watchmaker Ulysses Nardin. Soon after the company started production, they began to concentrate on the creation of high-precision timekeeping devices, in particular marine chronometers, as well as complex watches containing minute repeaters, perpetual calendars, and chronographs. Keeping the jewellery and decorative component to a minimum, U. Nardin found that the formula for success in the art of precision mechanics was functionality, accuracy, and reliability.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 6-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines.
Verification results from the Ulysse Nardin company archive:
Date of Movement Production: January 8, 1916 (date of movement manufacture).
Number of Pieces: 2,496 (circulation of movements).
Caliber UN 19″ ‘ 5.3 (caliber type).
Body: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (8/10 good)
Watch face: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Mechanism: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Accuracy: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️ (9/10 near perfect)
Case and Strap
- Circular pocket watch case with rounded edges and large covers.
- Bas-relief cruiser ship on cover.
- 900-proof silver.
- Front cover opens when crown is pressed.
- Ultra-thin, natural mineral crystal.
- Vintage style, original crown.
- Ulysse Nardin brand, serial number, and 900-proof silver sample are punched on inside cover.
- Inner dust cover decorated with signatures and medals from chronometry competitions.
- Diameter 51 mm.
- Ring height 71 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original white enamel dial.
- Elegant Arabic numerals.
- “U. Nardin – Locle” signature.
- Small seconds display.
- Blued ‘spade’-style steel hands.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Nardin company signature caliber.
- 15 dark tone ruby jewels.
- Serial number on the mainplate.
- Gilded plates.
- High-quality polished steel parts.
- Winding wheels with decorative grinding.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- High accuracy – can be carried as a pocket chronometer.
- Tiny chip on dial between numerals 10 and 11.
- 6-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.