Made as part of the Roger Tourbillon series, where street art intersects with horology. Here, the concept was of a graffiti pirate skull, combined with a tourbillon. A unique piece in the limited edition 100-piece series (each watch has a silver plate with an individual number).
This silver copy, number 076/100, was customized with an unusual pattern “Tortuga” (turtle) patter and received a special caseback with the ‘Jolly Roger’ pirate flag. The result is a unique watch, number 76 out of 100. At the Moscow Watch Expo, the Tortuga watch garnered interest as a successful experiment, a no other watch with this similar case style has yet been found.
The position of the crown on the left has been designed this way so that the tourbillon carriage turns in the eye of the skull. This idea is very unusual, and no company has yet created a watch with this, or even a similar design technique. The power reserve is about 40 hours, so there is no need to wind the watch during the day. If you do want to twist the crown (an enjoyable function of any mechanical watch), you can remove and twist it.
The heart of the movement is visible from the front of the watch, where the tourbillon carriage rotates directly in the eye of the skull. The mechanisms are purchased by PTS Resources (Hong Kong), and are reliable high-quality machines, from which we have already produced many custom projects. The PG Watch Manufactory (the logo is indicated on the dial and cover) offers handmade watches designed according to the customer’s sketches, within the framework of the Watch Atelier.
This new watch has not been worn, and as of yet has only been shown at the exhibition.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. Comes with new, genuine brown leather snakeskin style strap.
Case and Strap
- New, large custom-made case with straight lugs.
- Front bezel with screws.
- Silver, micro-sand pattern, rhodium plated.
- Caseback with Jolly Roger design and the PG Watch Manufactory logo.
- Small skull crown,
- Sapphire crystal, slightly sunk into the front rim to provide shock resistance.
- Sidewall with decorative grooves and an individual serial number plate.
- Smooth hand-carved threading around the body, black oxidised.
- New, brown genuine leather strap with hypoallergenic lining.
- Diameter w/o crown 47 mm.
- Width w/ crown 51 mm.
- Height of the lugs 57 mm.
Dial and Hands
- New dial with black and white graffiti-skull theme.
- Aperture in the eye a for a tourbillon carriage.
- Blood-red dot indices of varying size.
- Blood-red hands, very unusually shaped – tapered at both ends with hollow middle.
- PTS 3300 caliber.
- Manual winding.
- 1-minute flying tourbillon function.
- Power reserve approx. 40 hours.
- Polished movement parts.
- Back plate with Geneva stripes and precision-grinding.
- Dark blue screws.
- Average timekeeping range: up to 20 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- The watch is brand new and does not require maintenance – the movement is precise and completely accurate.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Brown genuine leather strap with hypoallergenic lining.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions. https://german242.com/en/main/care-guidelines-for-vintage-watches/